White on White - Complete Interior Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking good Bobby. You only have a couple weeks before the H-town meet. Think you might have it done? If my schedule wasnt so hectic, I'd drive up there for a weekend and help you put it all back together. But man, I'll be in Corpus for a few days next week, then flying out to Minnesota for four days the week after that, then Cancun for a week. The one weekend I'll actually be in town will be spent at the meet in Houston. And I still have to rebuild the rearend in my truck by the time the htown meet comes around. Anyway, hopefully you'll have it all wrapped up in a couple weeks. Can't wait to check it out bro.

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking good Bobby. You only have a couple weeks before the H-town meet. Think you might have it done? If my schedule wasnt so hectic, I'd drive up there for a weekend and help you put it all back together. But man, I'll be in Corpus for a few days next week, then flying out to Minnesota for four days the week after that, then Cancun for a week. The one weekend I'll actually be in town will be spent at the meet in Houston. And I still have to rebuild the rearend in my truck by the time the htown meet comes around. Anyway, hopefully you'll have it all wrapped up in a couple weeks. Can't wait to check it out bro.

Damnn man looks like we're both in a crunch now! That's a crazy schedule man!

I think mine will be done...I ran out of paint so I had to order some more but looking good

B

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So here are a couple interesting pics of the TOUGHEST pieces to paint, the air vents from the headliner. They are tough because they are so tiny and there are so many angles to hit without globbing up the paint! What I did was tune the settings on my non-HVLP gun to basically allow me to create a airbrush type of spray. I did this by putting a very very tiny amount of pressure on the trigger.

It literally took me no less than 4 hours to prep and paint the 6 air vents...most of the time was painting of course....ugh!
DSC01499.jpg

Posting this up too because I think this piece came out really nice, the two textures give it a very cool look:
DSC01500.jpg

B

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
all these pieces are looking very sick!!
I love them, post a couple more pictures and my interior will probably be gutted waiting to be painted :D

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my new windshield gets installed tomorrow...had to order a new one because the one I have has a couple chips and tons of teeeny tiny little "nicks"...I guess nicks is the best word to describe it but they look like extremely miniature rock chips in the glass.

The reason I'm replacing the windshield is I'm tinting the whole truck out this week, and hopefully next week I will get to install my windshield tint to protect my dash. I went with a really high end tint, 3M Crystalline. They offer a 70% visible light which is perfect for doing a windshield. The 3M Crystalline is a much more expensive product, considered an exotic tint by most accounts. To give you an idea, the windshield pieces I bought for my truck and my wife's Honda cost me $320.

Here's a link to the tint:
http://www.prescriptionwindshields.com/PrescriptionWindshields/product.htm

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
cant wait to see an album full of all the pics and a how to write up!

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So as it turns out, my interior will not be ready before next week unfortunately...I'm tempted to just put it on hold for now and stop rushing but we'll see. Most of the work is complete but the hold up is the seats. I ordered from Katzkin through a BP of theirs and after going back and forth over the damn logo for almost 5 days now, there's an additional 3-5 day turn around for digitizing the letters for embroidering..very frustrating as I expected to have them by now. Just word to the wise, Katzkin cannot produce any custom embroider designs in their seats for the average consumer in less than 10 days time it seems to me...

B

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new windshield went in on Wednesday, it looks so much clearer than my stock POS. I had them put the stickers towards the bottom of the glass side by side so I could maximize protecting the dash with the tint. In Texas, the inspection and registration windshield stickers can be one on top of the other, or side by side at the bottom of the glass. So since you have to cut a rectangle out of the tint for the stickers, I chose to put them at the bottom instead of the side which would have exposed more dashboard to the sun and uv rays.

B

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the doors are done, just need to put in the front door side storage buckets....still haven't put em on because I'm getting the windows tinted Wed.

Front door
DSC01511.jpg

Front door close up - I love that white french stitch
DSC01510.jpg

Rear door
DSC01505.jpg

And this is what my formal dining room looks like :waytogo:
DSC01508.jpg

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members