White on White - Complete Interior Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks tahoe92

Also re-covered the grab-bar with the white french stitch to match the doors and seats:
DSC01516.jpg

B

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
The new windshield went in on Wednesday, it looks so much clearer than my stock POS. I had them put the stickers towards the bottom of the glass side by side so I could maximize protecting the dash with the tint. In Texas, the inspection and registration windshield stickers can be one on top of the other, or side by side at the bottom of the glass. So since you have to cut a rectangle out of the tint for the stickers, I chose to put them at the bottom instead of the side which would have exposed more dashboard to the sun and uv rays.

B

If you scotch tape the regy & inspection behind the tint it would stilll be visible as well..depending on the % of tint. Once it needs changing it will not cause damage to the tint.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1

your truck is gonna look CRAZY. i love the black paint. how much time did you spend prepping each door panel?

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1

your truck is gonna look CRAZY. i love the black paint. how much time did you spend prepping each door panel?

Thanks for the props guys

Takes about 30-45mins prep per door panel...definitely a little longer on mine because I had to tape off the inserts and carpet. I didn't want to scuff the new paint with all the poking/prodding that needs to be done with the inserts and carpet install. Basically you have to stuff them both inside the crevices to make it look stock.

Door Panel prep:
1) Clean with dishwasher detergent and an non-scuff pad from grocery store
2) Clean with SEM Soap and a green scuff pad
3) Rinse with distilled water
4) Clean with Vinyl Prep
5) Rinse with distilled water

I used distilled water and rags because my water is pretty heavy out where I live. I wanted the panels as free of contaminants as possible. I used about 12-15 rags for all 4 doors..I have to do laundry every time I did a major step in this interior mod :waytogo:

B

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Those black door panels looks so good, funny how your work looks better than the factory door panel design.
Did you wrap that headliner on your own, is it suede?
I called around dome local dallas shops about a suede headliner and the prices started at $550 and went up to $1700 (JR's Auto Custom can suck mine for that), $550 seems like to much just for the headliner alone, know of any shops?

NO ***** intentions, just need some info...

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those black door panels looks so good, funny how your work looks better than the factory door panel design.
Did you wrap that headliner on your own, is it suede?
I called around dome local dallas shops about a suede headliner and the prices started at $550 and went up to $1700 (JR's Auto Custom can suck mine for that), $550 seems like to much just for the headliner alone, know of any shops?

NO ***** intentions, just need some info...

I'm personally not a fan of the suede...seems very played out now and quite frankly looks messy to me? To each their own of course.

Anyways, my headliner is stitched material that comes in Lexus vehicles. There were two things I didn't do myself here, the headliner and the perforated vinyl pieces...I was focused on painting and just wasn't confident in my headlining skills nor my ability to sew a double white stitch
:insane:

Man these doors get my blood pressure up...they came out really fukn good :rocking:

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100