White on White - Complete Interior Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also finally got around to cuting the carpet and lining it inside the truck..my suggestion is PAY THE EXTRA MONEY FOR MASS BACKING!! It seriously is well worth the extra $99..I had the non-mass backed carpet and it was suck ass to say the least. The mass backing material is great for the oven press they use at ACC to make the (2) molded carpet pieces. They fit 90% perfect, as good as the stock in my opinion..there are alot of dips, crevices and not to mention AC vents to maneavuer over on the truck floor so that is really a big feat to create such a great fitting molded carpet.

I used stockinteriors.com and also got the plush pile option also for added height on the carpet.

B

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Oh, I did not even look at it in detail enough to notice Boss.
I don't particularly favor Suede, but I dont know what else to get thats black haha.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i know you custom ordered your paint right? can you tell me what kind of paint you used and the paint code? do they send it to you in a rattle can or do you have to add it to a sprayer?

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i know you custom ordered your paint right? can you tell me what kind of paint you used and the paint code? do they send it to you in a rattle can or do you have to add it to a sprayer?

I have a 30gal vertical compressor and spray guns. What I used was SEM Surecoat black toner and my own mixture of flattner to get the desired effect. It's just the straight black base paint, you buy the paint/flattner/reducer/crosslinker and mix it yourself. Here's the mixture I ended up with after MANY...MANY trials.. :)

SEM Surecoat Black Toner
30% SEM flattner
20% Reducer
12 drops of cross-linker per oz. of black toner above

http://www.onlineconversion.com is your friend here

With regards to the doors, I personally believe they would have come out better if I had only gone 20-25% flattner. They DO look badass, but I've had to clean them up a bit and I don't fully understand why to be honest. There's like a small dusty texture to the top of them that I had to knock down, especially on the front driver side. So if I had to do it again I would probably go 20% or 25% flattner - but that is just a guess on my part. If you are really going to do this, I suggest you call the tech hotline at SEM Paint and ask the question regarding usage of flattner and Surecoat on vinyl. The guys at vinyl-pro can put you in touch with the tech hotline...they're greatly helpful.

B

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gotta say...after seeing some of these black pieces in my truck, I can't BELIEVE that GM ever made a "shale" color to go inside these white tahoes...

The black looks EFFN SICKNESS!!

B

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
maybe you said this but what about your pillars you wrap or paint those?

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe you said this but what about your pillars you wrap or paint those?

I painted all the plastic so far...the only wrapped pieces are the interior door handle guards on the door panels. I figured they'd get scratched to bits

B

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today was one of the days I didn't have to do any work myself! Got a lot done though:
-Wincos 20% all around window tint (higher end tint w/ 95% infrared heat rejection to protect the interior from heating up too much-black is hot!)
-HD hood painted/installed

And here is a pic of the truck in the PDR shop...this guy has been doing this for over 10 years, one of the best I've ever come across..I took her to him to take out a "few" dents today

IMG00001.jpg

B

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the seats finally arrived today, they look bad ass! So bad ass in fact that I'm going to try my best to get everything finished and back in the truck before Saturday...fingers crossed but I have alot of work ahead of me..still feeling sick from allergies which sucks

B

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is an AMAZING job, I'm staying subscribed to this thread! Nice work BOSS :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100