Who has the highest miles thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PB1

Reaction score
I have 185k on my 2000 Yukon SLT 5.3. Got it from a buy here pay here so I didn't really know what to expect.

Thousands of miles later I trust it to take me anywhere. Everything works beautifully on the truck (minus the fuel gauge) and it's still in phenomenal shape exterior/interior wise. Burns about a half quart of oil every 3k miles which is great.

I'm wondering what can I do to prevent mines from burning oil fast. Lately I find myself adding a couple quarts before every oil change? I'm sitting at 203k

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

diemer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm wondering what can I do to prevent mines from burning oil fast. Lately I find myself adding a couple quarts before every oil change? I'm sitting at 203k

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

I've always been told that if people could accept burning a quart of oil every 1000 miles the engines would last much longer. I know the Northstar motor is actually designed to burn a quart every 1k miles.

Eric05z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just bought my all black 05 z71...with 105,000... have heard nothing but great things. ... encouraged by what I am reading. ... what r some recommendations for a at home tune up?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

2000Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2000 Tahoe z71 4x4 that has 250,000 miles and counting still running great i travel alot and trust my Tahoe to get me there. ive done Alt,complete brakes and master, rear u joints. that's it nothing major and yes it burns some oil but nothing that cant be dealt with its been a great truck and wont give it up ill rebuild or replace when the time come's.

Dan

autolover3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
99 Yukon with 150,*** miles. Was grandparents vehicle than sat for a few years. Just rebuilt transfer case and full tuneup (plugs,wires,cap n rotor,new fluid in axles,tranny flush) oil/filter changes every 3,000, new rear shocks, brake maintenance, and new water pump. Just installed longtubes, HD2, and BB tune. Feels like a brand new machine!

Bowtie_Beast

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Yukon SLT 4x4 with 195,000.
Borrowed a 2004 Yukon XL Denali with 215,000 for the weekend.
The guy has been trying to sell it for a few months and he offered to trade even up. Mine has new tires the denali needs tires. The extra space would be nice but I'm not sure.

chevydipper1500

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
96xxx on my 09 Tahoe
Plugs and wires
trans flush to synthetic
transfer case service to synthetic
Front and Rear Diff service to synthetic
and the damn rear de-frost wires

MDehner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

255K on my 01 SLT 4X4 5.3l with no major issues. Starting to look on forum about motor swaps though. Still no issues just want to get ahead of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus