Will this roof rack fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the rear vents and roof rack from an Escalade on mine. I do not have the Esky 3rd brake and glass as mentioned above. I decided to keep my applique and color match it.

IMG_4035.JPG it.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Fosscore, is it straight bolt on? No funny business?

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Esky roof rack and rear appliques are direct bolt ons. Absolutely no funny business. The roof rack does have 2 anchor bolts that help secure the rack in the middle. The link below is an older thread but has good pics and instructions if you have never taken it off.

The bolts should come with the rack for the middle to secure it. The rest is straightforward. The appliques have the one bolt at the top, then pull really hard as there are 3 clips (shaped like a W) that hold it into the body behind the window and then carefully pull them out the top by the glass so you don't stretch the seam of the applique.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/escalade-roof-rack-and-how-to.27966/

@Bmorgan
If those Esky parts are there, you should run over there and get them now. They do not last long. Word has it that the Esky rack has been discontinued.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the rear vents and roof rack from an Escalade on mine. I do not have the Esky 3rd brake and glass as mentioned above. I decided to keep my applique and color match it.

View attachment 59007 it.

I think it gives it a much cleaner look than the NBS Esky third brake light anyways....mine is also colormatched w tinted 3rd.

full

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Thanks Foss but that write up shows a nnbs. Same bolt pattern as a nbs?
mine has 2 screws in front one screw in middle and two screws in rear. Are you saying on the caddy rack theres 2 screws in middle as well?
or am I over thinking it? Lol.
I've always had trucks. This is my first suv so im learning

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Overthinking it man. No worries. NBS and NNBS racks are the same with the screws in front and back after you lift the end caps off to expose the base. The difference is with the Escalade rack in the middle of the rack. The bolt/nut pictured below allows the rack to slide into place and hold it securely to the roof.

Without this larger bolt/nut the rack does not sit flush with the roof and will seriously piss off your OCD side. Other than that, it is a direct bolt on after you remove the OEM rack. And a sweet mod that anyone who knows our trucks will look at and go damn, where can I get one. Hope that clarifies a bit better for you.

11900-1308620409-8b720132502cc571c6b292fbe2ff8d60.jpg

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
The exterior door handles are popular, the gauge cluster, the back glass with the 3rd brake light is a big time find if you can get it for a good price

Why are the handle popular? Assuming direct bolt-on, what's the difference? The grab part is chrome? I have painted ones stock, but am curious.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Ok so basically a spacer. I keep seeing spacer and it was throwing me off lol.
cool sounds easy peasy.
Not sure if I wanna keep the middle part chrome or paint to match...hmmm

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Why are the handle popular? Assuming direct bolt-on, what's the difference? The grab part is chrome? I have painted ones stock, but am curious.

Yea its chrome. Feels Better and doesnt fade or chip from wear like paint does. Thats my guess

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gwoods8