Would you do it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alaska_guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point on a built motor. I would get a cam on a 115LSA though with +3 since these rigs are autos. You get 112 LSA or even 113 and the drive ability goes out the window. I have an auto LS1 with a professional tune with a custom ground cam on a 115+3 LSA and 114 would be the lowest I would go for a daily driven vehicle. I have no idea what size stall converter is in these rigs, but I would imagine you would need a larger stall as well. It all adds up quickly $$$.

Good luck!

pnwdan

Cunning linguist
Reaction score
you can also order a reman with a warranty for a decent price. I ended up having to replace my LQ4 and thats what I did

OP
OP
Y

Yukon2000xl

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions guys appreciate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zigger21

Reaction score
You can get the engine rebuilt for $2399 and if you want more power and better parts, jack it up with big tires for the snow you can get that for under 5K which is the road I would take than waste it on a new sputter that is probably not as good and a rebuild with larger camshaft and larger alternator and more reliable water pump and plugs and coils. But if you got the coin you got my opinion.

dantheman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you dont care about adding a bunch of power, pop the heads off, replace the lifters and trays, replace head gaskets and slap it back together. then pop the front cover off the engine and throw in a new oil pump and call it good for another 200k miles :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts