You know you drive a Tahoe when...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you're pulling the idler and tensioner pulleys off in the NAPA parking lot and a punk comes up to you and says, "Shoulda bought a Ford!" and I respond with, "I'd rather wrench on my GM than drive your Ford any day!" to which he responds, "Ford is better any day." My reply? "I'll let you think your Ford is better when I know mine is." Then his buddy stuck up for me, which I thought is pretty neat.

GM rocks.

McFizzl

Broke as a Joke.
Reaction score
1. When you are correcting people for calling it a suburban

2. When everyone asks you to help them move

3. When you know its a truck. Not an SUV

4. When people constantly jerk on your barn doors trying to get them open cause they dont know the "push in-pull out" trick.

5. When you know the "push in-pull out" trick to open the barn doors haha

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sits on a truck platform Shares the same motor, trans, transcase and diffs. Just without the open bed. Imho its a truck plus according to the dmv my vehicle is list not as a SUV but as a MPV?

sent from my vortec powered droid 4 using tapatalk

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
based on a truck frame but not body entirely as far as chevy's go. classified by vin as a utility vehicle. dmv's screw up the initial data on new vehicles a lot back in the nineties. dont even put curb weights in either.

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
based on a truck frame but not body entirely as far as chevy's go. classified by vin as a utility vehicle. dmv's screw up the initial data on new vehicles a lot back in the nineties. dont even put curb weights in either.

I call mine a truck because I use it more like a pickup than an SUV. In my mind, SUV's take soccer moms to the mall and rarely ever see dirt and use 4wd only in the snow. They never get t-case rebuilds on the tailgate or bash parts of the undercarriage on rocks in the middle of nowhere. Technically yes, it is an SUV, in the same way Godzilla is a lizard.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine is an SUV because admittedly we rarely use it as a truck. It's main purpose is to haul kids around and kid paraphenalia :D

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I call mine a truck. As if I used for tow and hauling things and has 4wd it's a truck. SUV is associated with x3 BMW and Honda CRV and this is not one of those "cars" so I'm a truck refuse association with a "lifted car"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925