Cruise control not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eeehabt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK. Here's the update:

I shifted to Neutral and disconnected the brake switch plug and jumped the two lines that activate the cruise control. I drove the truck and tried to engage the cruise control but it didn't work. After 300 meters, ABS and Traction lights illuminated. I stopped and removed the jumper and returned the plug to its switch knowing that my attempt to bypass the switch failed and that the switch is not the culprit. I tried to engage the cruise control again and it worked for 3-5 seconds and I heard a slight click and it turned off. I tried again but it didn't work. I drove for about 300 meters and tried and there it is. I heard the click again and it worked. I pressed the brake pedal and returned to my flat and tried it another time but it didn't work.
CONCLUSION:
There's a relay that fails to engage the cruise control system, and the car modules don't recognize that there's an electrical part dying and breathing its last breaths.
Now I need help identifying that relay switch, its exact location and its number. Any heroes?

I scanned the modules again and found the code U0214 in the BCM.

Last edited:

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd still put a brake switch on it. VERY common problem with 07+s.

eeehabt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Where is the location of the cruise control module and its relay switch located? Can anyone advise?

eeehabt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Solved

:party36::party36::party36::party36::party36::party36::party36::party36::party36::party36:
OK Gentlemen. I solved this dilemma.
The switch I changed was OK. The fault was in the plug itself. For my super bad luck, the pin in the switch side that activates the cruise control enters in the clip in the plug side without even touching any side of it. That's why the cruise control didn't work. No contact. What I did to fix the problem in a hurry was using long-nosed pliers to twist the pins a little bit. I attached two photos of the switch showing before and after what I did. I hope this helps a desperate one of our customers.

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 152
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 149

eeehabt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This truck is a cheater. Now the solution in previous post doesn't work. It's back to the same problem. Can anyone help with the code in the photo?

Attachments

• 2014-07-13-07-01-39.jpg
    2014-07-13-07-01-39.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 67

eeehabt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally. The culprit is in the picture. Its location is in the steering wheel under the airbag.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-20-20-47-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-20-20-47-26.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 95

foxracer025

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe that is the clockspring. Supplies power to your switches in the steering wheel. When I had one replaced in my old ford ranger the cruise wouldn't work and the horn wouldn't work.

DeeNelson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
07 Yukon Cruise Control Issue

Sorry to rehash what y'all have all been posting on but I'm having the same issue with my 07 Yukon. I have checked the fuses and my brake switch and found no issues. I don't have any codes showing either. I'm wondering if its some sort of power supply because my radio buttons on my steering wheel will intermittently go out as well? The cruise light shows on my steering wheel but not on my dash. Any troubleshooting ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900