My install - Pioneer DD & Headrest & iPad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ripley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lookin good Nathan! I have the AVHP4300DVD and LOVE it. I keep my iPod in the glove box. Your set-up right there is the pimpness though... :hail:

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How close do those headrest covers match your interior. Looks pretty close from the pics. I just bought the same ones but it's not even close. I guess they make custom colored ones that I'll have to buy.

I have OCD and they are close enough not for me to worry :laughing1:

Lookin good Nathan! I have the AVHP4300DVD and LOVE it. I keep my iPod in the glove box. Your set-up right there is the pimpness though... :hail:

Thanks!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Pimpness"? :think: I learned a new word today :lol:

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clean install....looks good...the kiddies will be spoiled for roadtrips:D

iBizzy

Reaction score
That's what's up ! That look good man. Where did you get the ideal from ?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the Bose system? If so, did you have to replace the factory speakers, if you already didn't do so? I read somewhere that the stock Bose speakers aren't compatible with aftermarket HUs. Something to do with ohms.

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have the Bose system?

Yes

If so, did you have to replace the factory speakers, if you already didn't do so?

No, but I will be doing so soon because I full (big) system will be going in.

I read somewhere that the stock Bose speakers aren't compatible with aftermarket HUs. Something to do with ohms.

Let me clarify what your trying to say. The factory Bose head unit matches up to the factory Bose amp that matches up to the factory Bose speakers. You can still swap out to ANY head unit, because the signal is still being sent to the Bose amp, then to the Bose speakers. However, if you just swap out the speakers, the Bose amp is sending a low ohm to the new speakers, so you need to get compatible speakers that can handle the ohm. What I recommend is replacing all speakers, and rewiring them from the head unit to the speakers. Basically running ALL NEW wire. Especially if your going to be putting a full system in it.

I typed a lot, I hope that makes sense...

:hands:

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ideally I just want to add my amp and two subs, a back up camera, and maybe add an amp for the stock speakers. i'd like to keep the stock speakers b/c I'd preferred to save the money and use it for wheels. I figure if I change HUs, I'll have to start changing other stuff like wires and speakers which means more money. I was just thinking if it only costs a couple hundred bucks to add a HU versus adding a Nav tv, that would be more cost feasible. But from the sound of it, it'll just end up costing me more money by changing the HU for features I'll never use. It's probably $500 more for a HU with Nav versus the Nav tv, plus I'll need a steering wheel module with the new HU. Anyways, thanks again. I think I just answered my own question but you helped to figure it out. Thx bro!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DB1337

Latest posts