165 miles and I got a service 4WD message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is crazy that they don't know what is the problem wow .

OP
OP
DocHolliday

DocHolliday

Reaction score
They just offered it - said it was because it was going to take some serious digging from their engineering group to sort out what was wrong with it.

I just thought that a true "buy back" meant they gave me the cash I had invested and I walked. I'm not comfortable with having to choose a vehicle that I wouldn't have otherwise chosen if I just walked in off the street. I have to either take the same exterior color with a different color interior (in this case it requires me to take the cocoa interior which I dislike) or a different exterior color in order to get the black interior that I do want. Options are all identical but the interior and exterior colors seem like a big deal to me.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I'm stunning with this is insane they can even fix you truck wow.

OP
OP
DocHolliday

DocHolliday

Reaction score
Given they are telling me I have to take one from their lot it almost makes me think this is a courtesy exchange and not a GM offered true "buy back" which would mean they would just cut me a check and I could go wherever and buy something else.

I even offered to pay the difference and move up to the Denali from their lot and they said it wasn't possible, that it had to be a GM and not a GMC...sound right?

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being the fact I ordered mine to get exactly what I wanted plus one nobody had been *********...I wouldn't be happy if my replacement wasn't the exact same or maybe even a 5% or so upgrade for the hassle....

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Given they are telling me I have to take one from their lot it almost makes me think this is a courtesy exchange and not a GM offered true "buy back" which would mean they would just cut me a check and I could go wherever and buy something else.

I even offered to pay the difference and move up to the Denali from their lot and they said it wasn't possible, that it had to be a GM and not a GMC...sound right?

I'd recommend getting in contact with someone at GM for some assistance there. True you may be stuck with what you originally purchased but if nothing else the dealer should order you an exact replacement.

SVL

Reaction score
Ok guys, quick update - GM is buying my truck back.

Wow...this is an interesting update for sure. Those of us with trucks sitting in service for the same issue now have some precedence to refer to if ours are not fixed in a timely fashion.

SVL

Reaction score
UPDATE: Service says that GMC had them check every wire and connection then replace the transfer case position sensor, then re-flash. The "Service 4WD" message is cleared out and they drove it for a day without issue.

So...I'll pick it up tonight and drive it for a few more days before I load up the family and take it on a 500 mile trip (towing a waverunner) next week.

Service says that the truck was locking into 4WD hi so even if it does happen again I'll be fine on the highway. I'm not 100% comfortable with this but really no other options at this point.

Now let's hope that my brand new $75,000 truck can make it through family vacation. It's more high maintenance than my 8 year old twins!

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good for you we hope that's it problem solve this is a good news well I have already 9,306 on mine and still going strong not complaint up to today.

Last Chance

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Today is day 3 in the shop for mine and I have not heard from the dealer yet. I think I want to get in line on the "buy back" program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkmarius