165 miles and I got a service 4WD message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAARubicon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think operationally it depends in what mode the error occurred. Mine seems to be hung up in auto 4wd. I would be real worried if it were hung up in 4hi. It would be undrivable in 4 low or neutral. See if your dealer can tell you what mode it is hung up in, that would determine weather you take a trip or not or how long your patience is while they figure it out.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can everyone here with the problem already to post the miles in the car please, mine have 9,176 miles not problem yet cross my fingers.

SVL

Reaction score
Service just called and said that after consulting with GMC they are replacing the "4WD sensor" to see if that solves the problem. If it does I'll pick it up tomorrow.

Then I'll drive off apprehensively in my brand new $75,000 truck hoping it can stay healthy for at least a few hundred miles. Unfortunately mine came equipped with 420 horsepower and zero peace of mind.

HAARubicon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darn sensor. I wonder if they can sense frustration. Hopefully that will fix it. Sure sounds better than driving it around in 4wd to loosen things up.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks the frustration is get there,guys keep calm and think they will solve the problem.

Last Chance

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dropped mine off at the dealer this evening so I will post as soon as they fix. I also asked them to fix drivers seat right this time and also asked them to look at exhaust rattle on cold starts. All of these problems on top of the 8spd tranny coming out a few months after I bought mine is a sure way to lose good customers. I am going to get rid of mine as soon as problems are fixed. What makes matters even worse is that I bought 2 15' Denalis with the already outdated transmission. I will keep my wife's for a while longer as long as we don't have issues with hers. I am going to order a 15' Jeep SRT this week and trade denali in when it arrives. I traded a 14' Jeep SRT for this and I wish I never did. Lesson learned!

OP
OP
DocHolliday

DocHolliday

Reaction score
Thanks for posting...looks like the number of us is growing. As of today my truck sits in service on the 3rd attempt to fix this issue. I think my dealer is stumped.

I'll post updates here (if that is okay with the OP) and hope that others with this issue will also.

Scott

Please do....mine is still in the shop after 11 days the dealer is no closer to fixing it. I'm told they are having a field engineer come to their shop this week and have a look - I'm not holding my breath. If any one else has this problem solved please chime in.

Thanks for the feedback Scott

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Service just called and said that after consulting with GMC they are replacing the "4WD sensor" to see if that solves the problem. If it does I'll pick it up tomorrow.

Then I'll drive off apprehensively in my brand new $75,000 truck hoping it can stay healthy for at least a few hundred miles. Unfortunately mine came equipped with 420 horsepower and zero peace of mind.

I just can't imagine a simple sensor will fix this problem. If it does - it doesn't say much for the knowledge of my local service tech's. Keep us in the loop as to the outcome of the sensor swap.

OP
OP
DocHolliday

DocHolliday

Reaction score
Ok guys, quick update - GM is buying my truck back. I'm told I have to choose one from their "network" and they don't have the color combination I originally bought so while I'm not thrilled about having to chose a vehicle I "almost love" I'm glad they are doing the buy back.

Seems odd that I would have to take one that isn't exactly like the one they are buying back though doesn't it?

Last Chance

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok guys, quick update - GM is buying my truck back. I'm told I have to choose one from their "network" and they don't have the color combination I originally bought so while I'm not thrilled about having to chose a vehicle I "almost love" I'm glad they are doing the buy back.

Seems odd that I would have to take one that isn't exactly like the one they are buying back though doesn't it?

Did they offer this or did you request the buy back? Did they even determine what the problem is? Mine is in service now for the same issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkmarius