2003 Tahoe With Auto Ride Needs New Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When in Cali last week, i saw a big commercial board for Monroe. It said one should have to replace its shock every 50.000 miles.
What do you think of it?
In general, it's not a false assumption. Bilsteins often last much longer than 50k.

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Bought a used 03 Tahoe with the autoride and thought hearing the compressor kick on every time I started it was odd but local mechanic said it was normal. Towed a car trailer and moved to Cali from Wa and the Tahoe did great except the rear did sag a bit and the compressor seemed to be working hard. It was only connected for a couple days and havent towed since. I heard the compressor a few times after that but now it never turns on. The shocks seem worn in the front atleast (lots of bouncing over bumps and sway on highway). If my service light for the suspension isnt on then is there a problem? is there a way to test if the compressor is still functioning? Has 129000mi and runs amazing. I dont know much about the autoride system.
I have no service autoride light on. Yet all four air shocks are completely blown. The relay for the compressor is blown as well and does not run unless I replace the relay. Look at your shocks. If the bags on them show any visible wear then likely you have a leak.

Coatwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 03 Tahoe that has Auto Ride. The display is reading "service ride control", so I took a look and both shocks are leaking. I have 100,000 on the truck, so I want to do the front and the back at the same time. I have been looking searching old post here and think that I want to go with the Blistein's. Could those of you with them share your setups and part numbers?

Thanks,
Justin

I have the Bilsteins for the rear, ooooops misread your post.... sorry

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100