2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There ya go flappin that thing around again Dan !!
If I spin it fast enough I might fly!
My concern was more with the wide-band reading correctly so far downstream and then through the cat. I'd love for that to be the case tho. Easy peasy
I don't think you will have any problems, I've seen so many stock exhaust vehicles get dynoed with tail pipe clamp widebands.
Don't the downstream ones just monitor the performance of the cats? Just the upstream ones are used by the ECU for tuning right?
Yes I'm fairly certin that is all, wasn't sure if they had something to do with monitoring cat temps though. There is an option in HPT to modify what happenns if the cats get hot. If I understand it correctly, it adds fuel to help cool the cats in the event of an over temp. But I have a feeling those little baby kittens you have with the ARH don't mind.

Attachments

• COT.PNG
    COT.PNG
    86 KB · Views: 1

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Won't pose a problem. Some tuners I have used clip the wide band in the exhaust by the bumper and tune away. BBP did the 5.3 in my 06 & 11 Tahoes that way.

I'm not a EFI tuner, but used to make a carb and distributor sing ! F.O.P.

If I spin it fast enough I might fly!

I don't think you will have any problems, I've seen so many stock exhaust vehicles get dynoed with tail pipe clamp widebands.

Yes I'm fairly certin that is all, wasn't sure if they had something to do with monitoring cat temps though. There is an option in HPT to modify what happenns if the cats get hot. If I understand it correctly, it adds fuel to help cool the cats in the event of an over temp. But I have a feeling those little baby kittens you have with the ARH don't mind.
Freaking awesome. I REALLY didn't want an additional hole in the exhaust. I know it's dumb but I'm weird about certain things.

I know this has been asked by me in the past but what wideband is recommended

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Freaking awesome. I REALLY didn't want an additional hole in the exhaust. I know it's dumb but I'm weird about certain things.

I say AEM X Series or even that one that goes into the OBD2 port since you have all NNBS and I think they can all run that.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I say AEM X Series or even that one that goes into the OBD2 port since you have all NNBS and I think they can all run that.
I bought the AEM Failsafe dual monitor which lets me monitor AFR and boost in one gauge. It has options to shut the engine down if certain parameters you set are exceeded like a lean condition which is pretty cool if I had actually hooked it up like that. Their stuff is top notch imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawkeye1