2007 cracked dashboard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:lol: thought that might help :D

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After watching this video, my condolences go out to all my NNBS friends. Now this is point blank crazy, .................... and GM will not do a general recall. UNREAL!

I didn't expect much when Breanna disappeared and Louis showed up here.

I was not disappointed.

I got the usual "sorry, we can't do anything for you!" message in PM a few minutes ago concerning my problem with repairs.

And I still see no definitive answer here on whether GM considers the dashboard cracks to be a manufacturing defect and will offer owners any assistance in fixing their vehicles. My codolences to all of you who have a low mileage 2 or 3 year Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban with cracked dashboards.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:banghead:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GM!!! I can't imagine the level of frustration you've experienced with the run around.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sheriff, why not contact an attorney and start a class action lawsuit if its really THAT important to see justice in this? Starting a conversation with a guy behind a computer making $10/hr and asking him to speak on behalf of a multi-billion dollar company isn't really going to get any answers you wish to hear. I applaud you for your vigilance, but you are honestly seeking comments from the wrong person.

I'm sure by spearheading a class action lawsuit, you'd be doing more of a service through those means.

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM!!! I can't imagine the level of frustration you've experienced with the run around.

I knew it was coming. From the minute the tow company hooked up and I watched it head off to the dealership, I knew it spelled nothing but trouble and aggravation.

If I did not have an 18-year-old daughter driving this vehicle, I would have driven it until the throttle stuck and caused a major accident. At the time of this major accident I am pretty sure that the black box would show the accelerator stuck and the brakes applied heavily at the same time. Then GM could try to wiggle out of the liability. But her safety meant more than proving some point that GM won't repair a defective part. Guess we'll never see this next chapter though because I replaced the part at my own expense.

GM says there is no known history of my problem. Took me all of 3 seconds to find an identical example.

stuckacc.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Sheriff, why not contact an attorney and start a class action lawsuit if its really THAT important to see justice in this?
I'm sure by spearheading a class action lawsuit, you'd be doing more of a service through those means.

Simply put..... too much time, travel and money involved.

GM knows this too and it works in their favor.

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Sheriff, regarding your Tahoe throttle body, did you contact GM Customer Service regarding this issue? If so, could you provide your Service Request number so I can look into this further?

Louis
GM Customer Service

Louis, you claim there is no known history of the problem I had, so GM can therefore not assist me. It took me 3 seconds to find just one example on the Internet. If this vehicle had crashed and burned with an entire family AND SALESMAN in it, what would GM say then?

stuckacc.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

Here's the link I found in 3 seconds flat. The problem exists whether GM wants to admit it or not.

https://twopeasinabucket.com/mb.asp?cmd=display&thread_id=3048105&pg=1&icontoggle=true

Last edited:

johnsoex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gm called me within 1 day I sending pm about cracked dash. Pretty impressed. They set up a case no.

Rep said I have to go to a dealership and have them look at it. The dealership will quote a price for repair and gm will determine to what extent they will assist.

Now I just need to find the time. I'll keep posting on this thread.

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gm called me within 1 day I sending pm about cracked dash. Pretty impressed. They set up a case no.

Rep said I have to go to a dealership and have them look at it. The dealership will quote a price for repair and gm will determine to what extent they will assist.

Now I just need to find the time. I'll keep posting on this thread.

2008 with 50,000 miles....

Don't get your hopes up too high yet. They shouldn't even need to look at your dashboard, they all crack in the exact same locations. Considering GM has fixed many for FREE, you should be entitled to the same customer service.

AmazinglySmooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Contact your House representative. They should be able to apply sufficient pressure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx