4 inch lift with 35's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Need4Speed

Reaction score
So recently I just bought a 2003 Yukon SLT 4x4 and am wanting to throw 35's under it. I've read a lot of forums about putting different keys and spacers and such to fit 33's, However I want no rubbing on these 35's.

Wondering if anyone knows if I can run a 4 inch lift with 35 inch tires and have no rubbing or extra trimming needed. If so links would be much apriciated.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
best bet is with a full six inch sus system to be safe besides you will want to go higher once the 4 is on any ways

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
best bet is with a full six inch sus system to be safe besides you will want to go higher once the 4 is on any ways

x2 on this...

4" lift is gonna give you a stuffed look, and not to mention poor suspension flex (when needed)

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It also depends on the width of your rims along with the offset/backspacing... 4" is pushing it... probably will rub a lot with that much lift :imo:

BLK TAHOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You may want to go 6'' so you can flex suspension if necessary without scrubbing your wheel wells. I have an 02 LT on 35's and the front tires used to rub the inner fender wells if there was any kind of suspension movement but it only took a very minimal amount of trimming to fix it completely. So I would imagine with 4 inches it would be much more trimming and less capability.

Last edited:

BlackZ-HO

Reaction score
i got 35's on just a level kit(keys and shocks) and i had to trim a tiny little piece of my valance on each side and had to put a quarter inch spacer in the back and im good to go.

2005SnowKon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got 35's on just a level kit(keys and shocks) and i had to trim a tiny little piece of my valance on each side and had to put a quarter inch spacer in the back and im good to go.

How does it look?? Got a pic bc if I can fit it I will do the same also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score

how is it offroad? i could imagine even on stock rims that would rub with any flex x2 on the pics

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of guys run up to 36" tires with just cranked aftermarket keys and blocks or spacers. Note, stock rims or similar offset and width is a must.

It all depends on the look you are after: stuffed, proportional or towering over the tires

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LilithMoon