99 4wd yukon replacing tranny help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

joyride

Reaction score
Thank you. I'll have to go through it when i have some time. Appreciate it.

OP
OP
J

joyride

Reaction score
Apparently after putting in a fuse in the dash for the "security" terminal it started up but it's sputtering right now...

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
:laughing1:
i bet one fuse did not look fine after all.

i would go back and look at seeing if those plugs are fouled bad still check over everything.

OP
OP
J

joyride

Reaction score
I guess I need to double check other people's work. I went through the fuses underneath the hood and my dad went through the ones in the dash and said they were good initially...? lol

btw is a blown security fuse a hint that there still might be an issue with the whole passlock/vats thing?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
maybe or the wire from the fuse block to passlock/evo module could be rubbing something. keep an eye on it to see if it keeps blowing. i am sure you will know when it does.

OP
OP
J

joyride

Reaction score
Btw, curious...I guess the code reader/scanner isn't cooperating with our computer? Any idea why?

OP
OP
J

joyride

Reaction score
my bro has a code reader/scanner for his 1999 s10 xtreme, which should work for the 99 yukon as well but it's not. I don't know exactly how it wasn't working but it wouldn't read the codes on the yukon today to find out what they were. i can ask my bro what or how the code reader was saying when it didn't work i guess?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
if it could not communicate with engine pcm then check your aux pwr fuse. keep in mind tho that usually only scanners that cost $800+ can interface with the other modules like abs/ sir/ steering/evo and autotract 4x4 system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52