air ride kits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow my mounts sit almost on the axle, like right on it. i havent welded it yet because i need to modify the top mounting bolt for the bags. my sway bars are hotchkis and have a bend in them because they are meant for lowered trucks so i dont have the sway bar issue.

ILLEGAL REGAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another pic
a6898c1c-7431-c2e5.jpg

Cocotits

Reaction score
Bad ass burban! U no Tony (norcalss) sells the two sway bar relocation arms which move the sway bar a 1" or so to the right so u clear that panhard. Install those problem solved.

Great pics. Really informative I've been lookin for those pics for quite a while now. Low n behold I find them on a air bag thread. Nice bro.

1lowhoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Air ride yea its easy and all it takes time and yea works good !

Its expensive i think my buddy paid like 1750 for just the rear and is about to spend another 1500 on the front !

I made mine my self i have spring cups and mounted my re-8 air bags to them and hooked them up to a srater valves in my licens plate and i paid 60 fo my set up for now !

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

I did that ! Hahah

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

got the rear bags installed and cut the bumpstop bracket off. It rides so much better than the 5" springs did.
I've still got to do the leveling arms/sensors and tack the lower cups in place.

It airs out not as low as i hoped, might look into different lower bag mounts as the ride tech kit has the bags maybe 3" above the axle tube. But playing with different heights i've found it rides best very close to where it sat with the 5" springs. After i get the front done and figure ride height i'll debate changing rear brackets.

Now one odd thing happening is when aired down the pass side sits lower. Any ideas? I'm going to look it over closer tomorrow
i have the same type of set up and my drive sit lower then pass side

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey 1lowhoe04, who did your c-notch? was it bought or custom made?

solefood21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bad ass burban! U no Tony (norcalss) sells the two sway bar relocation arms which move the sway bar a 1" or so to the right so u clear that panhard. Install those problem solved.

Great pics. Really informative I've been lookin for those pics for quite a while now. Low n behold I find them on a air bag thread. Nice bro.

What he said. DJM makes a kit to push the sway bar an inch or two to the side. It's a must have if you're dropping hella low or doing air without cutting your truck to shit.

ILLEGAL REGAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have their sway bar links or are you talking about something different?
It looks like I need another inch offset to the passenger side to clear. I'm curious to see what that hotchkis one that was mentioned looks like.

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my bars are bent at the ends. i didnt need the djm things because mine came with everything i needed. i havent done the free travel mod yet but sitting on the bump stops i dont come anywhere close to touching

slocaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
reagal your truck looks great. question for you guys- what bags and shocks are you running in the rear? are you happy with them? also how tall are your bag mounts that the top of the bags (frame) mount to, and are they welded or bolted?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52