FINALLY! It's been built!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
motorwerks

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now it's getting REAL close...my order is at 4300 Status - "Intermediate Delivery". Dealer says it should be at a holding yard somewhere outside Detroit sometime this weekend! Who knows, I may get this damn thing next week itself!

Jproy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, for now you may outnumber us, but soon we will have the elite team in much larger numbers to take names, overcome, and divert your falcon punches..... unless the 8 speed tranny sucks, then we will change our screen names and pretend to be someone else...:Good or Bad:

This has been some of the best entertainment I've had today. Lmao

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now it's getting REAL close...my order is at 4300 Status - "Intermediate Delivery". Dealer says it should be at a holding yard somewhere outside Detroit sometime this weekend! Who knows, I may get this damn thing next week itself!

I'm guessing you will be driving it next week, and us the week after.

OP
OP
motorwerks

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing you will be driving it next week, and us the week after.

....and all the 6-speed people will be driving the 8 speeds at some point in their lives...ha ha couldn't resist

Team 8:chair:

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

PS. Jim, did you get an updated status on your order?

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not that we're against the Holy Grail 8 speed. It's that we are tired of hearing how much better the 8 is and how foolish we all were to buy such an outdated and crappy 6 speed. I for one give zero fu*ks about it. I love my truck the way it is. I just like stoking the fire getting you yuppies all rawled up. :lol2:

OP
OP
motorwerks

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not that we're against the Holy Grail 8 speed. It's that we are tired of hearing how much better the 8 is and how foolish we all were to buy such an outdated and crappy 6 speed. I for one give zero fu*ks about it. I love my truck the way it is. I just like stoking the fire getting you yuppies all rawled up. :lol2:

getting rawled up...lol

Some of us are excited. Others are irritable. I like stirring that pot; getting all the remaining yuppies stoked up.

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Speaking of orders, check out this excerpt from the Escalade forums (built in the same plant)

"Just wanted to let everyone know. From information I got from GM, they are working as fast as they can to fill orders as they are allocated and the plant is open and building vehicles 24 hours a day, 6 days a week in 3 separate shifts and they are even working 1 shift on Sundays if they can get enough workers to fill that Sunday shift. They will get all orders fulfilled within the next couple months or so.

I have spoken to several levels of management and voiced concern because of what I am reading here on the forums. The highest level of management I have spoken to has indicated that they are building vehicles solely due to dealer allocation units right now. If your dealer does NOT have a confirmed allocation, my advice is find a dealer who does have the allocation or you won't get a vehicle anytime soon. GM is building vehicles for the biggest volume dealers that have allocations to fill demand in key geographic areas currently. They will fill unallocated dealer orders once they have filled the high demand for the vehicle. This could signal a very long wait for some of you. This is the info I got over the last few days."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmds3