FINALLY! It's been built!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to test drive the new Z06 before spending $50K more on the Porsche, right??

The Z06 is going to **** everything in every category and starts at ~$80K. And removable targa and M7 FTMFW!

I grew up in East Lansing and no f'ing way would I be caught driving an expensive import in Michigan. Get the Z06!

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats to those whose orders are pushing through. Placed mine on 8/27 and its been in 1100 ever since. ;(

OP
OP
motorwerks

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to test drive the new Z06 before spending $50K more on the Porsche, right??

The Z06 is going to **** everything in every category and starts at ~$80K. And removable targa and M7 FTMFW!

I grew up in East Lansing and no f'ing way would I be caught driving an expensive import in Michigan. Get the Z06!

I actually DID test drive the new Z06...a manufacturer's test mule. I loved the car...in terms of power...well, power....more power etc. I respect the Z06 and you are correct, it is likely faster than a 911 GTS....by many leaps and bounds. After driving the Z06 (and a back to back Stingray also), the car just didn't have that type of "glove like fit" that the Porsche has. The instruments, interior, and seats....while MASSIVELY better than the previous C6 variant, STILL isn't quite the build of the Porsche. Also, the body gaps, finish, construction....again, while TONS better than before, STILL have a plasticky, injection-molded, look and feel. The car is very large. Take one down the street and try to do a quick U-turn on the street...it becomes a 3-pointed turn. The 911 just FEELS better. It's very tossable and quick on its feet. Again, it's not as raw fast as the Z06 (and I LOVED the Z06), but its the overall package that just feels better.

Yes, it costs more. A Z06 with a Z07 package is roughly $90k. A GTS is $116k...nearly $25k more. I WILL say that a we'll have to stand the test of time with regards to resale (i.e. old ZR1 resales, Camaro ZL1s were ******). I paid $122,510 for my Carrera S. The dealer offered me $85k on a trade in. The current retail on the car books at $93k. I decided to put it in my showroom and sell it on our own.

Perhaps I will try out a Z06. I bore quickly and my current 2013 911 Carrera S is keeping my interest so far. If the replacement 2015 911 GTS starts to feel redundant and boring, I'll try a used Z06 for $65k a year or so from now. Again, I'm not knocking the Z06 or besting the 911 GTS. Just at this time, I want to drive the Porsche, and if I feel like it later, I'll go buy a Z06. The Porsche currently just has my interest.

Most importantly, even my GM dealer is telling me it will be difficult for me to receive my own Z06 (ordered to my spec) until sometime next summer 2015. My Porsche dealer can have a 911 GTS delivered to me in March 2015. I don't want to go through next summer without something. I'll order a Z06 when supplies are more in line with demand. Maybe for 2016.

Regarding driving a foreign luxury car in Oakland County, Detroit?? Are you crazy? If I leave my street and drive through my subdivision, there will undoubtedly be a few Bentley's, several BMWs, Audis, Mercedes-Benzes, Porsches, Lexus, Jaguars, etc. by the time I even hit the first traffic light. East Lansing is very much like Flint (my hometown where I lived for 18 years)....VERY domestic. But in our area of Bloomfield Hills, Birmingham, greater SE Michigan, it's luxury galore.

Last edited:

Goliathsc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Congrats on almost getting your 2015i, I had ordered one with the 6 speed and as soon as the 8 speed was available for order changed my original order.

gravitypad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My order, which had a TPW of 10/6, went to status 3800 last Thursday. When I checked on it again yesterday, it was still at 3800. The rep told me that meant it had not yet left the production line. After it leaves the line, which he couldn't tell me when that would be, it needs to be tested and go through quality control before shipping.

I'm in Seattle so I think it's going to be a while for the railcar to get all the way out here. Hoping I see my new Yukon XL in a few weeks...

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To those who understand the shipment process and times.

My 2015i has been built and currently is in route from Arlington to Midlothian, TX. Sounds like a rail hub.

From there, it goes to Lordstown OH, and then trucked to Buffalo.
And guesses on time frame?
Thanks.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My 2015i has been built and currently is in route from Arlington to Midlothian, TX. Sounds like a rail hub.

Thanks.

once mine hit the rail from Lansing, it was here in South FL within a week.

OP
OP
motorwerks

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

I would think by 1st week in November (within 3 weeks from now).

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Motorwerks, any update on your delivery?