FINALLY! It's been built!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered the Yukon Denali swb model and received a TPW?

OP
OP
motorwerks

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered the Yukon Denali swb model and received a TPW?

There are a few of us who have received a TPW. I ordered a SWB Denali on 9/4. It had a TPW of 10/6 and was built on 10/7. It's currently awaiting final shipment. I'm told that there are secondary quality control checks on most of these 2015i units that is delaying deliveries approximately 10 days.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Motorwerks, any update on your delivery?

I'm tentatively hoping next week. My dealer told me that traditionally, once the vehicle reaches 4200 status, it's typically 7-10 business days to their doorstep.

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wheels showed up at the dealer today. Denali just got off the train in Chicago waiting for a transport to IA.

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hit 4800, Rail Ramp unload.

This is worse than waiting for Christmas day on Christmas eve as a kid.... Hopefully by this weekend?

On the Cadillac board, there is a thread where several trucks built the week before where bayed by quality control due to another air bag mod. I must have squeaked past that one. This matches what Motorwerks noted in another post.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hit 4800, Rail Ramp unload.

This is worse than waiting for Christmas day on Christmas eve as a kid.... Hopefully by this weekend?

On the Cadillac board, there is a thread where several trucks built the week before where bayed by quality control due to another air bag mod. I must have squeaked past that one. This matches what Motorwerks noted in another post.

I'm guessing it'll be at your dealer this week. Lets hope your dealer can get his hands on the update. With all of the recent TV play the air bag thing is getting, they may not let you have it until it's taken care of..
What a pain it is to order a new vehicle these days...

BTW, tell me that you own Smokin Toads...

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, tell me that you own Smokin Toads...

Yes, Smokin' Toads is my side business/hobby. Just Catering for now. https://www.facebook.com/SmokinToadsBbq

My son has started a spin off of it in Vegas and carrying on the tradition.

The bulletin posted was 10/7 so I am hoping the factory did the update there or your right.... it will sit at the dealer a while. It is a shame they have to rip the dashboard off to do this.

Carmen24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Reels, how are you tracking the status of your truck? Are you going through your dealer? I feel the same way about the wait...feels just like Christmas!

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reels, how are you tracking the status of your truck? Are you going through your dealer? I feel the same way about the wait...feels just like Christmas!

GMC.com has a chat button on the right side of the page. Fill out your name, and select the option "Inquiring about a vehicle I ordered". Give them your order number and ask for the status code and location if it has left the plant. They are pretty good about getting info. I have checked everyday for the last 8 days. (I'm an impatient monkey at this point)

Followed up with my dealer Monday and confirmed it was in Chicago according to his screen. It had rail offload Tuesday. So, just waiting for a transport truck to bring out to dealer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmds3