Heater Core Hose Connectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced the water pump on my 2000 and decided to replace both heater hoses because they were the original ones, yes they do have date codes on them. I had to slit the end of the hose that was attached to the plastic fitting with a knife because it was on there for so long it was not going to just "pull off " and risk damaging a fitting or the core. I just attached the new hoses to the plastic fittings because I figured they have lasted 14 years with no leaks but I too don't like the possibility of what would happen if they would fail to seal or break.

---------- Post added at 04:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

So where did you get them online and how much did they cost you? I really want to flush out my rear heater core this spring through those hose fittings but want to have replacements for when they break!

Napa should have them.

---------- Post added at 04:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 AM ----------

I just replaced my water pump too, I spent more time degreasing the front of the motor and cleaning all the parts I took off than replacing the pump itself.

new2yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your plastic fittings are discolored on the right side (driver side) I'd replace it right away. Lots of roadside breakdown stories on this site from the plastic failing....which led me to look at mine.....and replace it. I feel much better now. :)

OP
OP
T

txgmc

Reaction score
Here are the pics of the connectors finally.
20140412_121837.jpg

I was out of worm gears so I had to reuse the factory hose clamps.
20140412_121848.jpg

The hose on the left came with the connector and I had to buy the connector on the right separately.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968