How to install E-Fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juice75

Reaction score
Hey guys, question for you. I've seen a few posts on this thread that says the conversion works with the 34" radiator. Are you measuring width or top to bottom? On my '02 4.8 Yukon, the radiator is about 42" across the front. Does that mean I'm S.O.L.?

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, question for you. I've seen a few posts on this thread that says the conversion works with the 34" radiator. Are you measuring width or top to bottom? On my '02 4.8 Yukon, the radiator is about 42" across the front. Does that mean I'm S.O.L.?

It's the width that's measured, the 34" radiator measurement is the actual finned part of the radiator. If you add the tanks on each side of it like you did, you will have 42" for total width!! You have the bigger radiator which means you will have no problem doing this mod!

Juice75

Reaction score
Whew!!! Thanks for clearing that up. Now just need to get my BB tune, and I'll be good to go.

vonneffdobermans

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay, I have an 2000 Yukon Denali, I am wanting to do this too... read this thread, and ther momre I read, I got more confued somewhat.. lol...

Now, I went to junk yard today, and they had an 06 Chevy pickup of sometype. It did have the electric fans. they want $80.00 for the fans. Is this a good deal, and will it work with what I have? I measured my radiator and came up with 42" total. So I guess its the right size. If I measure the other one I want to get it out of, and its the same size, does that mean it will work? or do I need to look at something else?

And then what else do I need to get this all goin and working.

Please excuse all the noob questions. Still trying to cabsorb all this, etc...

Thanks in advance,

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I have an 2000 Yukon Denali, I am wanting to do this too... read this thread, and ther momre I read, I got more confued somewhat.. lol...

Now, I went to junk yard today, and they had an 06 Chevy pickup of sometype. It did have the electric fans. they want $80.00 for the fans. Is this a good deal, and will it work with what I have? I measured my radiator and came up with 42" total. So I guess its the right size. If I measure the other one I want to get it out of, and its the same size, does that mean it will work? or do I need to look at something else?

And then what else do I need to get this all goin and working.

Please excuse all the noob questions. Still trying to cabsorb all this, etc...

Thanks in advance,

$80 is a decent price id guess, they are $165 with shipping new on ebay. you can get the wiring harness, alternator pulley, and tune from blackbear. i believe thats all youll need.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$80 is a killer price, as long as they work and look like they are in great shape, ****** them up before they disappear!! If you never put them into your truck, you could easily make you money back with profit by selling them for more!!

Is your body style the same as an '01- '06 or is it the same as a '99? I believe that was the transition year and if it's the older style then I can't guarantee that the fan will fit your radiator exactly like the '01-'06s!

---------- Post added at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

Hard for me to tell, but from looking at your signature pic it appears you have the OBS (old body style) as the '99's, so if that is so I'm not sure if the fans will fit the same as the NBS trucks!! Let us know what you have and maybe someone else can chime in for you!