Inside Door Handle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tedward

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I feel like everything is falling apart on my tahoe! I go to open the driver side door (inside handle) and the handle breaks in two...imma try to get a pic up so you guys can see this. Can anyone give me a step by step info on how to replace my door handle? I have no idea where to start!!! Thanks in advance!

99 2dr tahoe

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a few videos on youtube are good and helpful. I watched them when I did an exterior handle and the latch mechanism. Search chevy door handle replacement, a bunch will come up

OP
OP
T

tedward

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks man, I saw some videos and its not that hard to replace it. I think I might be able to just super glue or gorrilla glue the handle. The handle is still attached and it might work! Here is a pic of the handle

Attachments

• door handle 2.jpg
    door handle 2.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 14

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
Super glue won't hold. Broken handles inside and out is pretty common on that year chevy. Its not that hard to replace.

Stormracer

Reaction score
Door Handle!

I had same problem. My outside driver handle frame is cracked, and my inside passenger on driver side is broken. I got replacements off E-Bay, the inside one was like $10 and the driver outside was like $13. They came quick and look to be good quality. Also a buddy had told me that the inside ones are common at like AutoZone, Checker etc.

ch4d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had same problem. My outside driver handle frame is cracked, and my inside passenger on driver side is broken. I got replacements off E-Bay, the inside one was like $10 and the driver outside was like $13. They came quick and look to be good quality. Also a buddy had told me that the inside ones are common at like AutoZone, Checker etc.

you are correct they are at autozone and napa the only thing that pisses me off about them is that they are damn plastic ******** and they break easy and it pisses me off .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52