Installed - Gmx550 Lockpick In 2008 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmwme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CR@P! I just realized last night that my NAV doesn't work now. I must have screwed something up when I did the LP. What might I have done?

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score

bmwme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you be more specific? Your NAV doesn't work at all or only after you activate the DVD in Motion feature. If the latter, that is "normal".

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=320115&postcount=6

Well I'm going to have to check on the way home today. I went to use NAV for the first time since installing LP, I was driving so I figured I better turn on the NAV in motion feature, I did then I set my directions to home while still driving. I clicked go and she said "proceed to highlighted route" which was wierd because I was on a main road, but then after a minute I realized it had no idea where I was and the screen would only change compass direction and not anything else. So it just sat there on some street unknown to me and never moved. I left it on for a good 5 minutes so I'm not sure if the 60 second feature should have kicked in.

Does this sound right or no? I'll try using it without changing the NAV in motion feature in the LP.

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC, when you use the NAV in Motion feature it shuts off the tracking system. After entering your destination, turn off the NAV in Motion feature. Give that a try and give us an update. Good luck.

ckl5899

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be that or that the DVD in motion is activated. If i remember correct the NAV is effected by both settings. NOT 100% though

bmwme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DVD in motion and Nav in motion are off but Nav still doesn't know where the heck I am. I pulled all the wires on the back of the radio/nav unit so I'm guessing the nav antenna wire is not fully seated. Awesome, I get to pull the radio trim off again, that was SO much fun the first time!

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought it, thanks. Much appreciated. :Handshake:

This will make things a tad easier when we stay at hotels too with the kids.

Did the cable work for you as far as playing video from your iphone on the rear overhead screen? I bought a similar cable but can still only get video to play on the front screen. Am I doing something wrong?

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
I have had a few times where the Nav just freezes up and have to take the Nav cd out and it works and also some other hear and their things. but nice thing it works good but you can always update it so if they fix the bugs just download the update.

TmadeEdition

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know this off the subject but I have a 07 Yukon denali xl came with xm Bose rear video ent. I bought a navi unit #15882766 with antenna and back up cam and a wire harness. It came out of an 07 burban it also has the same options I have. I hook the antenna up but not the camera yet or the brown connector. ( I figured since my truck already had a brown connector I didn't need to connect it) so I hook the navi up and got a theft lock. I took it to a place that could take the old vin out and it worked everything works but no sound. The guy I got it from said that everything worked. Do it have something to do with that brown he gave me? Green wire yellow RCA red and black wire that has 07 08 Yukon Denali only. Can anyone help me?
Brandon

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rongomer