Interior Door Handles - Chrome Tape

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is an LT and it has chrome interior handles. I think the lower model may still be called an LS but I may be wrong.

bigdubz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Fire
I asked at the dealership when my Yukon was in for service, they quoted me ~120 per side. I have the cashmere interior and seat-heater/seat memory buttons.

Question for anyone who has taken a look at these things:
Can the 'chrome' handle be replaced while keeping the plastic cup that contains the buttons?

If that were the case then it wouldn't matter what what color or button combo you purchased since all that needs replacing is the handle itself.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't ordered my new ones yet but I will post as soon as I find out if it is possible to change out just the chrome part.

OklabyGodhoma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my '07 Yukon XL in to the dealer and showed them the peeling. They rotated the tires and replaced the handles in about 40 minutes and had me on my way. Lucky I was still covered and only paid for the tire rotation. My advice is if you are still covered get them replaced even if it just a tiny imperfection.

BOOMER SOONER!

OP
OP
Hurlz07Tahoe

Hurlz07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a letter in the mail from chevy saying they are covering my interior door handles and will replace/repair and damaged door handles or reimburse me if I had gotten another shop to do it (which I havent). I guess all of our complaining has finally paid off!!

ooqo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got a letter in the mail from chevy saying they are covering my interior door handles and will replace/repair and damaged door handles or reimburse me if I had gotten another shop to do it (which I havent). I guess all of our complaining has finally paid off!!

Are you within your warranty period ? I just bought 07 Tahoe with 100K mile on it and have the same problem, please advise

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a GM Service Bulletin #09239 that came out in July 2010 ordering dealerships to replace the chrome handles up to 10yrs/100k miles (whichever comes first) from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service regardless of mileage or ownership.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete315

Latest posts