My From Start to Finish 6.0L Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
So you already test drove it?
Yes, it was getting late and I needed to get cleaned up. I promised my wife I would take her out to dinner prior to our granddaughters getting here. Planned to put some more miles on her after the family leaves on Sunday. She rides beautifully. Initial reaction, much more smooth and comfortable than the torsion bars. Will need to tweak settings between comfort and firm to get the ride I'm looking to achieve. I'm also going to replace the rear shocks (direct replacement of the current shock) to get that same adjustability.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
One week later and it is time to make some minor adjustments to my coil over shocks. I most say after a week of driving I'm still quite pleased with the ride, handling and comfort. I'll post additional pictures as I make these final tweaks.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
So, looks the my engine will be installed in September. Wanted to do it this month but work and family life pushed this out into September. So looking forward to getting this engine installed. Never, removed and installed a torque converter - any suggestions/pointers/help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Jacked up my Tahoe to make some adjustments to my coil over shocks. Glad I took the time to make these adjustments. I was riding on the bump stops just a bit and the coil over are designed not to use the bump stops in the same way as the torsion bars. After my adjustments, the ride is so much better and controlled.
20240802_101848_resized.jpg

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Well back at it. some health issues with my better half and support that required put me behind schedule again. She is back up and around and feeling so much better. May need to retire earlier than I want so we can enjoy the time we have left in this world. Decided to prime my oil system as I move forward with my install.

First, I installed the oil filter. Then I removed the primary oil port plug. This plug I installed in the spot where the oil sending unit would install. If you forget to do this or do not install the oil pressure sending unit - all the oil will come out that orifice. Then I attached the first fitting to the block.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Badsapi4305

Latest posts