My Train horn Vs factory horn!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alc5m

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is freaking awesome, i would love a train horn in my hoe

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
That is awesome. Now did you use compressed air or is it a different kind? I want something small w/out having to use air.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Rockytfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That. Is. Awesome. Do you have a write up or how to?

OP
OP
B

BigBlackTrain

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't have a write up, and mine was kind of a strange install as I first had it installed on my 2001 SLT. When that was totaled, I removed it, completely reinvented it, and installed it on my Denali. If you look under the front of your truck, it most likely has a plastic skid, or rock plate. I made a 12AWG steel skid plate for in front and behind the tie rods. It mounted right under the oil pan. Well on the Denali, you have a differential for the AWD which was completely in the way. So the back skid plate, I had to cut into 3 pieces about 7"x 14" and weld them to the front skid plate.

Now I have 4 horns at the front bumper, the compressor is also behind the front bumper and is isolated by a rubber membrane. That makes it super quiet from inside the truck. My biggest complaint on my SLT was that the compressor was mounted under my spare tire and it was loud inside the truck. Now the tank is a 3 gallon and it is mounted at the front of the passenger running board. It's a tight fit, so I used a step bit, and had to drill a small hole through the body mount, then attach the half inch main hose that feeds the solenoid through there. All in all, it took me about 10 hours on a Sunday to install this one, and keep in mind that this is my second time doing it. So I'm an expert... HAHA. This one was pretty challenging mainly due to the AWD on the Denali.

The best advice I could give is measure out the best spots to install, compare to the size of equip you want, and make sure it all fits before you buy. It is defiantly not for the faint of heart. I have a cutting torch, mig and tig welders, and an abundance of free time on the weekends. I will post photos later

-R

OP
OP
B

BigBlackTrain

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Apparently I can't PM yet because I'm new, but others may find this useful..

Bill,
I had priced a number of companies in my area and I was getting prices for each of my trucks. Most people were $2500-4000. My guy is a firefighter who has been wrapping cars and boats for 10 years. He has wrapped boats for the factories forever and he wraps all over the country. My Denali cost me $1800. My old SLT cost me $1200 when I had it done. The wrap itself is made by 3M and is the only one my guy will use now. There are many other wrap manufacturers, but 3M is much much better. I have one of my vans wrapped in some other companies flat black, it doesn't stick as well, a few bubbles, and the flat black is not as clean a black. You can have just about any color you can imagine. From brushed steel, aluminum, chrome, etc.. You can two-tone, or he can print anything in it as well, if you want graphics. What part of the world are you in?

05nali said:
Hey I was just wondering if you could tell me about your wrap. Cost, brand, where you had it done, other colors available, etc... Thanks

-Bill

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Yes, it's matte Black wrap

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

That's cheating in a tunnel... LOL, nice horn, if you wire it to the horn fuse before the relay, which is a full 12V, you can have it on the factory horn.

skyl3rm

Ahoy hoy
Reaction score
Since ur going on about the wrap and im a dummy...

How does it hold up? Scratches etc?
Are you able to wash it just like any other veh?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lindahene