Opinions on Potential Hybrid Mods ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guesstimated location between thunderstorms. :)

I looked at stock picks of where the back ends go (approx. 1.5" from the rear hatch gap), then I measured them on the ground with the crossbars in which gave me 45" across/between ... that way I could place them at approximately the right position both horizontally and vertically.

OK just making sure you didn't just slap em on in a random place LOL. For some reason the placement looked a tad bit off to me.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was this intentional? My feelings are hurt.

Then my mission is complete! :)

I was answering to you specifically so I didn't think you required further acknowledgment ...
... but, since you are the sensitive type, I love you?

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How are you not convinced? I think this would look slick on your wife's ride too especially with your esky bumper and chrome handles!!!!

It's different, I dunno. The hybrids have a different look to them. It's not just another Tahoe with an esky rack to me. I think it sticks out.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then my mission is complete! :)

I was answering to you specifically so I didn't think you required further acknowledgment ...
... but, since you are the sensitive type, I love you?

I was waiting for this moment. I love you too poopsie shmoopsie.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
then my mission is complete! :)

i was answering to you specifically so i didn't think you required further acknowledgment ...
... But, since you are the sensitive type, i love you?

lol

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

It's different, I dunno. The hybrids have a different look to them. It's not just another Tahoe with an esky rack to me. I think it sticks out.

I agree it's definitely different. Yea the hybrid bumper cover both up in the front and rear along with the different spoiler/third brake light housing definitely changes the overall shape of the vehicle but the clean lines from his new chrome handles to me makes it look very sleek. To me, that's how the hybrid SHOULD have came... with the esky roof rack/chrome handles that is...

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay ... the reason it's a difficult call is because I agree with both sides. Quite frankly if my truck's ass wasn't sitting up so high it would be an easy call. But I think the combo of the high rear stance and the roof rack gives it a disproportionate element. However, I need to take pics on level ground to get a better idea. So I'll do that tomorrow and revisit it.

In any case nothing is going to happen immediately as I need to get the caps repainted anyway as they have scratches on them. So we'll keep talking about it, and maybe we'l get FluffybottomsSS to come around. :waytogo:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In your sig at the end it says 'Hood'. what do you plan on doing to your hood?

Looking to get a custom hood at some point but have not researched what that entails yet. It will be one of the last mods I do I think....

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

I was waiting for this moment. I love you too poopsie shmoopsie.

:lol: Now I think we've spent too much time on this forum together... :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rob2024Premier

Latest posts