Opinions on Potential Hybrid Mods ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this baffles me... performance and hybrid? doesn't that sorta defeat the purpose?

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this baffles me... performance and hybrid? doesn't that sorta defeat the purpose?

Not really ... we do have a 6.0 under the hood ya know. :)

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Btw, I'm looking at the differences in engine bays between the HyHoe and Hoe:

picture.php

picture.php

Two questions:

1. What is that thing (electronic) that plugs into the tube between the two metal clamps?
2. What is that other plastic thing closer to the motor thats located in front of the pipe in the regular Hoe but is sort of on top and to the side of the pipe on the HyHoe?

:think:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is the mass air sensor.

#2 is an air baffle.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see thanks.

Now do either of those parts (especially the air baffle) connect to the CAI?

I'm asking because on the volant site they specify the previously linked cai for the 07+ 6.0L engine, but I don't want to get it and find out that it doesn't have the proper connections.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the volant will replace the entire tubing from the intake manifold to where it went into the airbox. Then it supplies you with a new tube and new airbox, so all that will go away.

Is your hybrid 07-08 or 09+? There is a difference in the gas versions of these vehicles, where the mass air meter connects to the airbox. On the 09+, its integrated into the tube and requires a different air intake, on the 07-08, its a seperate piece.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine is an 09 ... so I'm not sure what I need.

The amazon link I posted says it's compatible for my vehicle but I'm not sure I trust them. :think:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no, its not. 09+ had an entirely different air intake where the intake tube had the mass air meter integrated into it. You would have to section out the mass air meter and splice it in, per say, which would sorta be a pain. They do make a kit for the 09+, but im not sure who makes it, how much, and what it entails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LonewolfMcquade

Latest posts