Opinions on Potential Hybrid Mods ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's a K&N drop in? :think:

And the reason to do it is cause it looks better than the stock situation and apparently sounds great ... what other reasons does one need? :)

What "sounds great" is the intake tube. Not the filter.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, its not. 09+ had an entirely different air intake where the intake tube had the mass air meter integrated into it. You would have to section out the mass air meter and splice it in, per say, which would sorta be a pain. They do make a kit for the 09+, but im not sure who makes it, how much, and what it entails.

Volants cai for 07-08 is cake but the 09+ is known to throw errors on DIC and a few other things that steered me away from it (aside from the extra $75-100 they tack on for that clean heat shield cover). That's why I went with the Airaid. Like dirk said, the maf sensor is in a dif spot on 09+ vehicles but who I don't know if that includes hybrid or not...

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For mine I'm getting the airaid jr intake but i don't know if they make that for the hybrid or not and that's about what we are talking about here :shrug:

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Airaid sells the intake tube separately dubbed a "Modular Intake Tube". Volant doesn't sell that separately.

Just went to their site and it's not available for the 09 6.0L ... other than a couple of filters this is what they have available:

picture.php

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

What I don't see on their CAI or on the Volant ones is where the MAF sensor plugs in. :think:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just went to their site and it's not available for the 09 6.0L ... other than a couple of filters this is what they have available:

picture.php

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

What I don't see on their CAI or on the Volant ones is where the MAF sensor plugs in. :think:

The mass air sensor isn't just a plug. It's the entire piece between the two clamps, and the engine harness plugs into it.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see ... still, I don't see where the harness plugs into these CAI.
My apologies, I'm probably not getting something really obvious. :(

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The maf sensor is circular and is the same circumference as the tube and the place in the 'box'. The maf should go in that spot

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or does the CAI attach to each end of the existing sensor?
Ie, the sensor stays and the filter and tube get attached on either side of it? :think:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woody2801