Opinions on Potential Hybrid Mods ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How bout just wait till it's on and modify at that point. Takes literally 3 minutes to install the rear bumper. :)

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How bout just wait till it's on and modify at that point. Takes literally 3 minutes to install the rear bumper. :)

Well, if I need to lower my exhaust tips I'd rather get that done before I swap bumpers only to find out I have to swap back twice more just to get the exhaust lowered first.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Btw, does it really take 3 minutes ... I was worried about mucking up the reverse sensors. :think:

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Felix, do you know if they're easy/hard to take off the old bumper and reattach to the new?

And do you still have your truck to measure for me?

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, if I need to lower my exhaust tips I'd rather get that done before I swap bumpers only to find out I have to swap back twice more just to get the exhaust lowered first.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Btw, does it really take 3 minutes ... I was worried about mucking up the reverse sensors. :think:

well, if you measure with good faith, get the bumper, and find out that measurement was off, then you just wasted time and more money. Sit patient until it gets there and then worry about it. ;)

Took me 2 minutes to yank the ESV bumper off. 2 7mm screws in the rear fenders, 2 10mm (IIRC) under the truck, and 4 plastic grommets along where the liftgate closes. Wallah.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about them sensors?

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oops, sorry, i unplugged the entire harness and took the bumper with the sensors attached. :)

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But I won't be able to do that with my new bumper ... so I probably shouldn't tackle removing and reattaching my sensors myself? :think:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im pretty sure the sensors sorta snap into the bumper. I'd check, but I'm busy clipping my toenails and watching the news.

;)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure those sensors just snap in, serge. Shouldn't be a big deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goblue