Opinions on Potential Hybrid Mods ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol you guys make me laugh ... the question isn't 'should' they just snap into the bumper, it's 'do' they? :)

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol you guys make me laugh ... the question isn't 'should' they just snap into the bumper, it's 'do' they? :)

take ur happy ass outside and reach under there and find out! LOL

:Boo:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I can't find a measuring tape anywhere :(

Yes it's easy to snap in your existing sensors into the new bumper. My paint guy has done many GMT900 vehicles so he knew it like the back of his hand and it still took 15-20 minutes. He had all tools ready and never stopped. That time include taking my original bumper off.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still no one to simply measure the side of a bumper for me? :(

On another random idea, I was thinking about something that's been bothering my ocd for some time ... this is not a very good pic but I'll use it to show you what I'm talking about:

web.jpg

Here's another one from a stock HyHoe:

CAC10CHS262A0113.jpg

If you guys notice the font of the 'Hybrid' marking is different from the 'Tahoe' font. That really really bugs me ... and I don't want to debadge it cause I like a little chrome element on my tailgate to go with the pending esky bumper install.

So I was thinking one of three options:

1. Take out the Hybrid and 2 mode rectangle on the right, leave the Tahoe on the left, and call it a day.

2. Same as above but get creative and take out the H from Tahoe on the left and substitute it with the H from Hybrid.

3. This is the option I would really love to do if possible. Take out the Hybrid lettering and 2 mode rectangle from the right, find lettering with the same font as Tahoe, and use those to spell hybrid on the right.

No. 3 would create perfect symmetry in font and location.

So, is there a place one can find these exact letters pre taped so I can do the third option?

If not, which of the first two options do you prefer?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Oh, I should point out that the thin blue line sticker is already gone. :)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still of the notion you debadge the gate. If not debadge both the "Tahoe" and the Hybrid emblem debadge one of them. Problem solved.... :hands:

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never seen a nnbs truck completely debadged in the rear, black emblem, but with an esky bumper ... I'm thinking it will look really odd. :think:

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Do you guys know if one can buy lettering with that font?

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know bud, but you have the chrome bowtie to set off the chrome bumper ... although I think you're about to swap it to a black one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stacy3231

Latest posts