Question? Battery gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99TXhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So every time I use my turn signals on my Tahoe the needle for the battery gauge moves with the turn signal. I have replaced the battery with the battery that is for a diesel and also replaced my alternator. I am thinking that I might have a bad ground somewhere but still not sure. Has anyone come across a problem like this?

TAHOETIM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing on a 96 4 door. Didn't realize it was a problem. Would like to know if it is.

Last edited:
OP
OP

99TXhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I dont really believe that it is a problem or could cause a problem but just gets a little annoying looking at that gauge sometimes.
Also at high RPMs it does it.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
Mine doesn't do this, but I added a $5 voltmeter from ebay to my truck. It is much more accurate than the factory gauge.

39d09688.gif

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine doesn't do this, but I added a $5 voltmeter from ebay to my truck. It is much more accurate than the factory gauge.

39d09688.gif

How did you wire your volt meter? Did you have to extend the wires on it b/c the wires that are on it seem pretty short to mount anywhere. I tried wiring it directly to my amp but it didn't work unless something is wrong with the meter itself. I really don't want to take my headunit out just to install the meter b/c it's a PITA. I guess I'll do it when I put my new battery in.

OP, are you on a car audio forum? This exact question was asked yesterday on another forum so it just seemed odd. But I think that guy drove a Blazer so maybe it's just a coincidence.

JubjubW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where did you get your alternator? most rebuilds do not replace the voltage regulator which was the case for my alternator. had it rebuilt because the bearings went shot and I threw the fresh one on... for a few days it was fine then i started having the same problems you did... got it re-rebuilt with a new voltage regulator and no more problems

only problem that I could see happening is if, say you have to go full throttle, the voltage could drop down too low

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
How did you wire your volt meter? Did you have to extend the wires on it b/c the wires that are on it seem pretty short to mount anywhere. I tried wiring it directly to my amp but it didn't work unless something is wrong with the meter itself. I really don't want to take my headunit out just to install the meter b/c it's a PITA. I guess I'll do it when I put my new battery in.

I extended the wires to the fuse box on the side of the dashboard. The only bad thing is that its hard to read in the day time with the sunlight on it, and is a little bright when its dark out. I can't really complain for $5 though.:)

JenneK

Full Access Member
Reaction score

39d09688.gif

I'm assuming based on the displayed voltage, you took this pic right before you installed your new battery...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dap365

Latest posts