Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, that sux! Hopefully it'll work out. Just curious, if they bent it back and it looks good, do you think if you contact the original wheel manufacturer, they'd be able to respray it? If they could tho, price wise, would it still come out cheaper then buying a new rim? Just something to think about.
I don't want to wait forever to get my wheel back on. Im running a 17 on there now and I hope it doesn't damage my transfer case. I might just go ahead and put another same size on the driver front. Plus shipping a wheel that big isn't cheap I'm sure. I think I'll see if it can be repaired without damaging the finish and if not I'll buy another rim.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yikes! That is one helluva stinger. Good luck on the fix or sourcing out a new one. Man I feel for you.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I emailed the city about pursuing a damage claim and they told me it's a state highway so I emailed the state highway department. A person should be able to drive down a main thoroughfare in the middle of the city without damaging their wheels even though they are 26's and the sidewalls aren't that tall. I'm friggin' pissed. I went back and took pictures, I'll post one. Also sent pics to one of the wheel repair places for their opinion.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't find anyone that can straighten 26's yet, seems 24 is their max. Figures. I have this same problem with my 26" front wheel on my bagger. I ordered a new wheel, its around $550 installed. I think I'm gonna run with my black 17's for the winter after looking at the roads around here. Potholes are growing and this time of year when it's dark and raining I can't see them. On another note, ODOT emailed me back with a form to file a claim. I will be doing that. I'll post a pic of my new look after I get the rears installed. Funny, when I bought the truck the seller thought his black 17's were pretty cool. Lol.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ODOT actually started a claim for me with a case number so today I obtained all the necessary information and documents and emailed it to them. I'm actually thinking they may pay out. In the meanwhile, today I mounted the other 17's on the rear so now I'm in winter mode. Here ya go @Tonyrodz this is how it looks. There's a shot of it with 26's on the back and 17's on the front, which is how I was rollin' all week since it was dark by the time I got home and I don't have room in my garage to work on it. The front air dam has been dragging bad so I hope with the rake eliminated it will be better but if it doesn't help that's Ok, it's not an expensive part to replace after winter is over. Don't mind the dirt, it's been raining all week.

IMG_5865.JPG

IMG_5866.JPG

IMG_5867.JPG

IMG_5869.JPG

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ballin' hard with those 17s Red.

Maybe I should do winter wheels too....just to see how it feels?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
ODOT actually started a claim for me with a case number so today I obtained all the necessary information and documents and emailed it to them. I'm actually thinking they may pay out. In the meanwhile, today I mounted the other 17's on the rear so now I'm in winter mode. Here ya go @Tonyrodz this is how it looks. There's a shot of it with 26's on the back and 17's on the front, which is how I was rollin' all week since it was dark by the time I got home and I don't have room in my garage to work on it. The front air dam has been dragging bad so I hope with the rake eliminated it will be better but if it doesn't help that's Ok, it's not an expensive part to replace after winter is over. Don't mind the dirt, it's been raining all week.

View attachment 70383

View attachment 70384

View attachment 70385

View attachment 70386
Looks so weird! Hopefully they'll pay your claim. How do you like it? I bet not much!

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think @Fosscore should run some studded tires just to see what his neighbors think. :insane: It actually doesn't look as bad as I thought it would, but no I don't like it much at all. I did go ahead and wash it just so it looks as good as possible. Oh well, I feel better knowing my rims are safe. That's about 3 grand sitting in my spare bedroom...and my 26" tires have quit wearing out too.:doh2:

IMG_5871.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scellybo100