Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could always restore to a later date--before you downloaded it.
You must mean earlier date? Either way, I think it was installed when the thing was running Win7. I loved Win7, they ruined it with Win10. But stupid programs like TurboTax won’t run on 7 anymore so I had to install 10. I haven’t installed any programs I don’t think since I upgraded it to 10 so there’s no earlier installations.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW I run tis200 on a windows 10 laptop using virtualbox with xp on it. Works fine. I posted about how somwbere in the tech2 purchase thread.
Yeah, I know it can be done, I just don’t like having to fk around with it. It was running in compatibility mode on mine at one point but it was a PIA. That’s when I decided to just buy a subscription to Tis2web. I have zero patience messing around with computers anymore. I don’t do “workarounds” lol. Funny, I used to build my own pc’s and I was into that at one time starting way back when you had to boot into DOS and then load Windows on top of it but nowadays I try to keep it as simple as possible so I don’t blow my cool. I absolutely hate when stuff doesn’t just work with a couple clicks. Maybe because I quit drinking and smoking stuff idk. :jester:

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah, I know it can be done, I just don’t like having to fk around with it. It was running in compatibility mode on mine at one point but it was a PIA. That’s when I decided to just buy a subscription to Tis2web. I have zero patience messing around with computers anymore. I don’t do “workarounds” lol. Funny, I used to build my own pc’s and I was into that at one time starting way back when you had to boot into DOS and then load Windows on top of it but nowadays I try to keep it as simple as possible so I don’t blow my cool. I absolutely hate when stuff doesn’t just work with a couple clicks. Maybe because I quit drinking and smoking stuff idk. :jester:
I am like you in that regard. Just have to work within my means sometimes.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just reading the help section on Tis2web and think I found my problem. Microsoft Edge isn’t supported because it doesn’t support extensions, and it T2web needs Java scripts. And of course Microsoft purposely hides IE on W10 trying to force you onto using Edge. This is the crap that ****** me off. I figured something was off when every time I tried to start the program, it downloaded something and then didn’t do anything and if I tried to open the download, it asked me what program I wanted to open it with. Like, if the computer didn’t know, I sure didn’t either.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was just reading the help section on Tis2web and think I found my problem. Microsoft Edge isn’t supported because it doesn’t support extensions, and it T2web needs Java scripts. And of course Microsoft purposely hides IE on W10 trying to force you onto using Edge. This is the crap that ****** me off. I figured something was off when every time I tried to start the program, it downloaded something and then didn’t do anything and if I tried to open the download, it asked me what program I wanted to open it with. Like, if the computer didn’t know, I sure didn’t either.

I agree. Technology should be easier, but trying to get these legacy apps to run on a new OS can be a struggle.

For those needing Java in Edge, this might help: https://www.techhelpkb.com/java-in-the-new-microsoft-edge/

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still can’t get Tis2web to run. I read in the help section that the new installer won’t work for a 32 bit OS which this pos is and you’re supposed to use the old one however when I click on the button to start the SPS system it downloads something which must be the installer and it does nothing. I’ll wait until the new laptop gets here which is 64 bit.

So I decided to see wtf is up with the door chime since I installed the new ignition switch. Which on the 00-02 is a complete harness, unlike the 03-06 where you can just swap out the switch itself. Anyway, the key in ignition chime was on anytime the driver door was open, key out or in the ignition. I pulled the new switch/harness out and everything looked the same so I reinstalled the old one and it works normal. I’m sending the new one back to RA. That didn’t change anything as far as any of the problems went anyway. I still had the power cut out a couple times when moving the shift lever. So I’m back to square one there. I’ll drop the column and inspect more. It’s hot right now and I’m frustrated so I’m not doing anything else today. :mad:

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think so, pretty sure I looked into that a couple years ago. Besides it’s almost as much as buying a better used computer. I just ordered one for $200 that has more memory and a SSD. It says it’s HP’s latest model, just not brand new. I’ll get it Thursday. I’m in no hurry, pretty much waiting on BB to get back to me. Hey @BlackBearPerf Shannon are you there? Can you tell Justin my truck is down until he looks at my data log I emailed him?
I will let him know

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will let him know
Thanks, Justin got back to me so I appreciate your help. However in his email he stated that requested gear wasn’t recorded in my data log. He was cool enough to send me an updated tune file that will though. I just installed it in the truck and I’ll get another data log off the original ECM. Kinda glad I didn’t already swap out the ECM yet, I’m curious if he can see an issue with this one. I’m hoping now that he’s on it, I won’t have to wait weeks again. Sure glad I bought the Autocal, it makes this kind of stuff fairly easy. Of course, if I’d learned to tune myself I wouldn’t have to wait on anyone. Oh well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vit-silvian