Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it’s been running better. I’m not sure when it started doing it because I’ve been concentrating on the trans so much. When I found that broken vacuum line in my supercharger bypass I was wondering where it plumbed into because my misfires were happening in the middle cylinders. I was seeing 20-40 per cylinder in a 100-cycle count. I’m not sure if that vacuum hose fixed it or if it was something else I did but I’m getting zero misfires now. It was starting to throw P0300 random misfires pretty regularly. I know that hose should account for a MAF code and not so much a misfire code but maybe that hose plumbs into an intake runner? I’m not sure but I’m happy. CD28CCCB-96CC-48AF-89CF-02CB9BC73270.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I thought it’s been running better. I’m not sure when it started doing it because I’ve been concentrating on the trans so much. When I found that broken vacuum line in my supercharger bypass I was wondering where it plumbed into because my misfires were happening in the middle cylinders. I was seeing 20-40 per cylinder in a 100-cycle count. I’m not sure if that vacuum hose fixed it or if it was something else I did but I’m getting zero misfires now. It was starting to throw P0300 random misfires pretty regularly. I know that hose should account for a MAF code and not so much a misfire code but maybe that hose plumbs into an intake runner? I’m not sure but I’m happy. View attachment 346542
Amazing! No misfires. I don't even know what that would be like.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amazing! No misfires. I don't even know what that would be like.
It’s been a year and a half (or more) that it’s been misfiring, I thought it was the intake gasket on the blower and I put off pulling it because it’s a bear to R&R. I think that had a small leak and kept getting worse until it completely came apart and I noticed it. It’s back by the firewall and hard to see. The truck has never run better. I’m really happy right now. I went from stressing thinking about the worst case scenarios with the trans and the bad misfires to now, where everything is as good as I could hope for. Amazing. :head3: :cool:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
It’s been a year and a half (or more) that it’s been misfiring, I thought it was the intake gasket on the blower and I put off pulling it because it’s a bear to R&R. I think that had a small leak and kept getting worse until it completely came apart and I noticed it. It’s back by the firewall and hard to see. The truck has never run better. I’m really happy right now. I went from stressing thinking about the worst case scenarios with the trans and the bad misfires to now, where everything is as good as I could hope for. Amazing. :head3: :cool:
Go look for that WRX again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Austin19