Sea foam???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
Yeah, its safe. I dumped half a can into the oil filler hole, and the other half in the PCV. I also put a whole can into the gas tank, with about an eighth of a tank left. I didn't get the smoke I was hoping for, but I figure my engine has been recently rebuilt. You can put seafoam anywhere gas would normally go.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Soo.. about pouring this shit into your oil. i "heard" it was bad and seaform contains alcohol which eats into gaskets and shit like that? idk but someone told me never ever to do it.. but doesnt it say right on the can?

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
On the can it says put in gas tank/crank case/throttle body,PVC line or carb. I only put it in my oil if I'm gonna change my oil in a week or so after. I think it's great stuff!

MetalStorm

Reaction score
yeah i'm a little skeptical about putting it in my crankcase as well. doesn't seem to be a definitive answer on when to change the oil after seafoaming. i have a can i'm just sort of monitoring everyone's results before i dump it in. thinking of just doing gas tank on my 99.

crmzendrgone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have put a quart of liquid wrench or wd40 in my oil ran it at IDLE for 10 MINUTES and while the engine and oil were still hot drained and filled with new oil filter. does pretty good to clean the varnish of the insides. I am sure that is what the seafoam is meant to do. Or a quart of ATV, BUT DRAIN RIGHT AWAY.

I have also used sea foam does good to get the carbon off the valves, one thing to think about or worry is depending how much carbon it is breaking loose could clog your cat or throw a code. Just a heads up if your check engine light were to come on.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm kinda curios how you think you have a vacuum like that only goes to 2 of the cylinders ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmericanThunder