"Service 4WD" - Master Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnRI

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry but I am not familiar with the "I" or "D" designation. Build Plate show "K". If designation has to do with the manufacturing date, I ordered my highly optioned SLT XL in January 2014 and it was built in in March 2014.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry but I am not familiar with the "I" or "D" designation. Build Plate show "K". If designation has to do with the manufacturing date, I ordered my highly optioned SLT XL in January 2014 and it was built in in March 2014.
Is OK " D"mean discontinue, and " i " mean update model 8 speed. [emoji2]

You,me and all the rest of guys with 2015D basically we are f....k sorry about that but this is real life, not complain about anything else, but transfer case and 4wd problem. [emoji19]

Last edited:

Bigbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4-Wheel Drive Issue

I have a 2015i Yukon Denali and today was my day to join the 4-wheel drive problem family-848 Miles
Got up and hopped in to to work and went down the drivewy 35 feet turned left to go down the street and felt the steering jerk like it does when in 4 -wheel drive on pavement
Pulled over and checked the position of the switch which was in 2 wheel drive
Looked at the dash and saw service 4 wheel drive
Drove a little and found it was truly in 4 -wheel drive high
Made an appointment for Thursday
I'll let you all know what happens

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015i Yukon Denali and today was my day to join the 4-wheel drive problem family-848 Miles
Got up and hopped in to to work and went down the drivewy 35 feet turned left to go down the street and felt the steering jerk like it does when in 4 -wheel drive on pavement
Pulled over and checked the position of the switch which was in 2 wheel drive
Looked at the dash and saw service 4 wheel drive
Drove a little and found it was truly in 4 -wheel drive high
Made an appointment for Thursday
I'll let you all know what happens
Is a lot people here will be very mad about we tough they fixe but the new update transfer case is the same as the old, if you check back old post I said they do not update nothing was pure "BS" is not right. But we have to live with this now. Good luck [emoji19]

Mountaingirl45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Service 4WD finally fixed

Well I finally think my Service 4WD is finally fixed. I took my 2015 Tahoe back in November for the 3rd time for the "Service 4WD" . I let them know I know of Arizona's Lemon Laws very well and this if they didn't get it right this time I would have them buy it back. They took 2 1/2 days before they called to say they finally fixed it. I had to wait for our next snow storm here in Flagstaff AZ which was New Years Eve to put it in Auto. Drove three days in a row leaving it in Auto the whole time. As as of today still no issues. I have attached the receipt of exactly what they did for a repair. Hope this will help anyone out there that still has the problem.:party36:

Attachments

• 2015 Tahoe2.jpg
    2015 Tahoe2.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 35

Bigbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stuck in 4 Wheel Drive

Went to dealer
Reprogrammed Transmission all well so far
Said TCM lost programming
Reprogrammed TCM per pip 5220b
Everthing checks good

Last edited:

Bigbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never had it in auto
Just got up to go to work and it was in 4-Wheel drive
Could tell as soon as I turned
No vibration just normal 4-Wheel drive feel when on pavement

ScottV503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never had it in auto
Just got up to go to work and it was in 4-Wheel drive
Could tell as soon as I turned
No vibration just normal 4-Wheel drive feel when on pavement

You had the vehicle in 2WD but it decided it wanted to be in 4WD and you couldn't get it back to 2? I don't think I have read anyone having that happen to them. That kinda freaks me out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968