So, Has anyone swapped their VCIM for Factory Bluetooth Capabililty??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Faceplant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 things. The mic cord took me all of 2 mins to route up to the drivers side visor (hidden within headliner). Also, I noticed on my neighbors brand new Denali that there are 2 mics in the headliner where there is one on older models. That led me to believe that the existing mic (OnStar) in our vehicles will not work with the new unit, and that a 2nd mic is still needed. Am I wrong? Even so, I will rock the $50 Blue Fusion unit all day as it works fine and took me 10 mins to install. Just my .02 tho.....

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Does blue fusion cut the heater fan when a call comes in?

Not sure about that one. I would doubt it due to the fact that it is only wired into the XM module and would have no communication with the other electronics in the vehicle.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 things. The mic cord took me all of 2 mins to route up to the drivers side visor (hidden within headliner). Also, I noticed on my neighbors brand new Denali that there are 2 mics in the headliner where there is one on older models. That led me to believe that the existing mic (OnStar) in our vehicles will not work with the new unit, and that a 2nd mic is still needed. Am I wrong? Even so, I will rock the $50 Blue Fusion unit all day as it works fine and took me 10 mins to install. Just my .02 tho.....

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Not sure about that one. I would doubt it due to the fact that it is only wired into the XM module and would have no communication with the other electronics in the vehicle.

Cheapest I can find it is for 79+5 ship on amazon used... 50 is a steal!

ranorris2

The Coolest
Reaction score
My VCIM gets here today...cant wait...finally get rid of onstar and be able to use my phone to make calls instead buying onstar minutes wahoo

maisano

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yes it seem like they should be cheaper out there if i get time i need to call around some of the dallas auto yards to see what they have but the only issue is that i dont speak spanish and sometime it is hard to relay what i want.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes it seem like they should be cheaper out there if i get time i need to call around some of the dallas auto yards to see what they have but the only issue is that i dont speak spanish and sometime it is hard to relay what i want.

they used to go for 50-150 and all of the sudden the price jumped to 250... pretty f'n terrible...

ranorris2

The Coolest
Reaction score
I got mine for 250 too...maisano, i live in the dallas area as well, I have already done what you are going too...none of the shops around here have the VCIM's that I could find...

pcrrocket

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
VCIM 20787107 Works for 2008 Tahoe Hybrid

Just finished installing VCIM 20787107 in 2008 Tahoe Hybrid works great super clear phone calls. Had to buy on eBay with antena $250. FYI to pair the bluetooth to your phone commands are: Hold voice button for two seconds, you will hear a beap then say ONSTAR, the system will reply that Onstar is ready, then say BLUETOOTH, then say PAIR, the system will ask you to run your phones bluetooth scan and the system will also give you the PIN number you need to enter in to your phone...... All should work. Also if you really want the OnStar to work it can be done by calling the Onstar to signup for new service or free trial offer then they will transfer you to tech support so all of the info from VCIM can be configured for your suv/truck.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 18

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished installing VCIM 20787107 in 2008 Tahoe Hybrid works great super clear phone calls. Had to buy on eBay with antena $250. FYI to pair the bluetooth to your phone commands are: Hold voice button for two seconds, you will hear a beap then say ONSTAR, the system will reply that Onstar is ready, then say BLUETOOTH, then say PAIR, the system will ask you to run your phones bluetooth scan and the system will also give you the PIN number you need to enter in to your phone...... All should work. Also if you really want the OnStar to work it can be done by calling the Onstar to signup for new service or free trial offer then they will transfer you to tech support so all of the info from VCIM can be configured for your suv/truck.

Hope this helps.

Mmm ... very interesting thanks for that info. :waytogo:

Do you happen to have the ebay linkie and do you know if it's the same vcim pn for the 09 Hybrid?

Nice HyHoe btw ... it's like looking in the mirror ten months ago. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty Crusty