Thinking bout these Projectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
checked beam alignment and Jerry rigged it. Wow so figgin bright. I know the height isnt the same but this gives an idea of just one Dual side headlight.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

stock hid from inside truck

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
coming along nicely...I think you guys may have convinced me to do the same. Sumo are you using the stock housings or aftermarket OEM style??

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is this like "everyone is gonna high beam me" bright or is it just more concentrated light? I always thought projectors gave a more focused and evenly spread beam. That looks like it lights up the entire neighborhood. I'd certainly be interested in seeing how this is going to look from the front. I prefer a the modest HID look, 4300k, OEM looking. Is that what these should end up like?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's done correctly, the beam is very strong but blinds no one as it should have a very clean and sharp cutoff line.

Here's a guy demonstrating something similar on an nbs:

[yt]VDgzS8O_GLQ[/yt]

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:puke:

Those blue HIDs seriously make me vomit. I do not see the point in running anything higher than 5000k.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree, I just linked it for the cutoff question.

Plus he didn't do a great install, and it's not bi-xenon, and it's in nbs housings ... whole different and low budged hid animal. :Handshake:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whats the purpose of bi-xenon? Maybe i missed this discussion. Are Escalades and other vehicles bi-xenon?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whats the purpose of bi-xenon? Maybe i missed this discussion. Are Escalades and other vehicles bi-xenon?

As I understand it it's just a difference in bulb numbers: http://www.differencebetween.net/object/difference-between-xenon-and-bi-xenon/

Basically the way that sumo and I are setting this up is that all four lights (quad setup) are always on at night, both on high and low beam settings. An automatic solenoid goes up and down instantly to go from low beam to high beam. So no different bulb for highs and lows.

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Here, this is the actual guy doing my retro explaining it better:

[yt]iP4WXHmRpjs[/yt]