Thinking bout these Projectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
coming along nicely...I think you guys may have convinced me to do the same. Sumo are you using the stock housings or aftermarket OEM style??

i used oem aftermarkets. They have the glue that can be baked apart. I used a heat gun and worked worked it all the way around.

picture.php

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok, gotcha. looks like a pretty nifty mod, granted u get the right kelvin rating... :Handshake:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i used oem aftermarkets. They have the glue that can be baked apart. I used a heat gun and worked worked it all the way around.

Is my guy gonna have a hard time opening my oem ones? :think:

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
is this like "everyone is gonna high beam me" bright or is it just more concentrated light? I always thought projectors gave a more focused and evenly spread beam. That looks like it lights up the entire neighborhood. I'd certainly be interested in seeing how this is going to look from the front. I prefer a the modest HID look, 4300k, OEM looking. Is that what these should end up like?

ive tried to get a front pic, but it didnt work. i have a pair of 6k phillips h1 so i might as well just get another 6k and call it a day. The lights are very concentrated. YOu can even see the cutoff line in the trees. I will need to properly align before i seal them. I also considered hooking up a switch to the inner Projectors so i can switch between single and duals. Dont judge the whole lighting up the neighborhood just yet. Afterall they are just sitting on the back of my kids powerwheels.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Is my guy gonna have a hard time opening my oem ones? :think:

so i heard. The oe supposedly have some super strong adhesive that cant be baked apart. Ive read that the only way in is to Cut. I think Dwdrummer (sp) did his set awhile ago

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh crap ... I'm gonna have to call him and let him know.
Looks like I'm gonna need yet another freakin' set! :(
You have a linkie for the ones you bought?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No shit ... I might have to reconsider the upshot of this mod.

That or just have him do it on the angel eyes.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
they look the same, they match the oem and i couldnt tell