Thinking bout these Projectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks bud, I appreciate the heads up ...

I got some contemplating to do about how and if to go forward.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks bud, I appreciate the heads up ...

I got some contemplating to do about how and if to go forward.

$150 is gonna make or break this project? Nooooo!!!!!! Do it! I've been looking forward to this!

:chicken:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sumo, I don't know if you're at this point yet with the install ... but have you found or foresee any issues fitting the two extra ballasts for the high beams?

It looks pretty tight in there. (gigitty)

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
there shouldnt be a problem. When i do go install i plan on removing the front bumper if it not to much to do. Last time i just removed the headlights and thought there was enough room to tuck the ballast somewhere and run the cables up.

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There should be plenty of room for the ballasts, you could even mount them in the engine compartment the wires should be long enough.
To remove the grill/bumper is pretty easy, 10mm bolts across the top by the radiator, then 2 small screws and 2 push pins along the front of the wheelwell, and 2 10mm bolts underneath basically one behind each foglight or thereabouts...and disconnect the foglight wiring then just be careful and pull the whole she-bang off...I've had mine off so many times that I can do it in about 5 min. now.

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
A little more before i get everthing Repainted and cleared. Didnt want to get Hassled for not having a side marker light. Since i was blacking out the reflectors, i need to have a marker Light. I drilled 3 7/64 holes along the area where the Marker light goes. NIow i dont feel as bad when i Totally black out the reflector. Now to find some yellow 194 led bulbs

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good idea there sumo, and well implemented.

It looks like you're almost there ... did you get the second set of shrouds yet?

I'm waiting for an extra set of housings from A1 Auto, then ship 'em off to the shop. It's going to take him about a week to do it, but then I'm out of town the week after that, so it looks like the install will be around two and half weeks from now.

I went with Gattling 2.0 as shrouds, if they don't fit properly he'll use his custom ones. It's a quad bi-xenon setup, with minis for highs and regular ballasts for lows if they fit, otherwise minis for lows as well. He's also putting leds for drls. He's also going to rewire and install my IPCW ruby red tails for free with leds as backup lamps.

That's the updated plan ... we shall see how it all pans out. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
07-62escalade

Latest posts