Thinking bout these Projectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good idea there sumo, and well implemented.

It looks like you're almost there ... did you get the second set of shrouds yet?

I'm waiting for an extra set of housings from A1 Auto, then ship 'em off to the shop. It's going to take him about a week to do it, but then I'm out of town the week after that, so it looks like the install will be around two and half weeks from now.

I went with Gattling 2.0 as shrouds, if they don't fit properly he'll use his custom ones. It's a quad bi-xenon setup, with minis for highs and regular ballasts for lows if they fit, otherwise minis for lows as well. He's also putting leds for drls. He's also going to rewire and install my IPCW ruby red tails for free with leds as backup lamps.

That's the updated plan ... we shall see how it all pans out. :)

:popcorn:

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Yea I got the shrouds. Waiting on paint to dry.I was also taking to matt to discuss the option of making a dual head light and quad headlight using a switch.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting idea ... but what would be the advantage if I may ask? :think:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick q ...

I've been talking to my install guy about the led drl and whether they need load resistors. His take is that as the leds draw less power than regular bulbs, they often mimic a blown bulb situation to on board computers and sometimes throw up a dash warning as a result. Does anyone know if this an issue on 07+ Hoes ... do we have a 'light bulb out' warning?

Other than that is there any reason to have load resistors?

Thanks

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
no bulb out indicator. Drl dont need a resistor. I just used a 3157 Dual circuit Bulb for the Drl, and as far as the Turn signal, They do need a Resistor. 6ohm to be exact. If you dont have a resistor on the Turn, the system will think there is a bulb out and Flash fast

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ah, thanks bud.

I actually wasn't going to use leds for turn signals, just the stock orange bulbs. I assume no mod is required there? :think:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick q ...

I've been talking to my install guy about the led drl and whether they need load resistors. His take is that as the leds draw less power than regular bulbs, they often mimic a blown bulb situation to on board computers and sometimes throw up a dash warning as a result. Does anyone know if this an issue on 07+ Hoes ... do we have a 'light bulb out' warning?

Other than that is there any reason to have load resistors?

Thanks

Yea you don't need resistors on the DRL's but you -do- need LED protectors on the DRL's though. One per LED DRL:

http://autolumination.com/equalizers.htm

Modded told me about them he said he blew a few pairs of them without putting the led protectors in.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, thanks Felix ... I passed it along to my guy.
At a couple of bucks each it's worth the peace of mind. :waytogo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
07-62escalade