Thinking bout these Projectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
i too have been conversing with matt from retrofit. Im talking with him about a quad bixenon Build

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at these guys in Richmond: http://customlightz.com but that's not set in stone. There aren't that many shops in the DC area that do retrofits. My plan was to ship them my stock housings, have them assemble the whole package, and drive down (bout 90min) to have them installed.

If this works out i'll be sending them my headlights to get retrofitted projectors myself :Handshake:

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

i too have been conversing with matt from retrofit. Im talking with him about a quad bixenon Build

Quad as in two in each housing right? It would be cool if you could stuff quad projectors in each housing like the platinum esky's

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

For the angel eyes or for the stockers?

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, go ahead ... shoot away! :)

I have no idea about the output of these things. My opinion is with regard to the styling of the LEDs that curve upward on the sides. This upward sloping "line" doesn't jive with any of lines on the front of the truck. The truck is squared off everywhere at the front, and those LEDs look completely out of place to me. And what's under them? Looks like there's nothing there. So, not only do the LEDs not correspond to anything else along the front of the truck, but their layout makes for an awkward, wasted space area under them that also corresponds to nothing.

I've seen some aftermarket projectors that look good to me, but these aren't the ones. The upsloping LEDs kill these for me.

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I have no idea about the output of these things. My opinion is with regard to the styling of the LEDs that curve upward on the sides. This upward sloping "line" doesn't jive with any of lines on the front of the truck. The truck is squared off everywhere at the front, and those LEDs look completely out of place to me. And what's under them? Looks like there's nothing there. So, not only do the LEDs not correspond to anything else along the front of the truck, but their layout makes for an awkward, wasted space area under them that also corresponds to nothing.

I've seen some aftermarket projectors that look good to me, but these aren't the ones. The upsloping LEDs kill these for me.

Yeah. I got the lights, I powered them up. Here's the link http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27508

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
That retro fit is the best looking IMO.. I wonder how much it would be as well.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick urgent question.

The drls should be on when I put the truck in Drive right?
Trying to figure out how to test them. :think:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct. Drive or reverse. Just not park.

Thanks Felix.

We figured out what was wrong ... we were indoors so there was no 'daytime.' :whymewhyme:

As soon as the sun hit the dash sensor they turned on. :)

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
If this works out i'll be sending them my headlights to get retrofitted projectors myself :Handshake:

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

Quad as in two in each housing right? It would be cool if you could stuff quad projectors in each housing like the platinum esky's

thats the Plan. 4x lows with electronic Cutoff shields that drop out of the way when hi are activated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
07-62escalade