Thinking bout these Projectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks pretty nifty... so the problem is there is a low light output now?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks bud, I love the way they look ... but yeah the light is poor. Not because it's not bright enough, but because of the way it is dispersed. There's almost more light shining at a 11/1 angle from the driver's pov than straight forward if that makes sense. It's not unsafe, it's just inadequate.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gotcha... so u are looking at putting the TSX projectors and retrofitting them into that housing?

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ahhhh... very cool! i LOVE the idea of projectors, BUT I hate that it looks like a spaceship. If there was a way to tone down the look of the housing that the projector is in, i'd be interested.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ahhhh... very cool! i LOVE the idea of projectors, BUT I hate that it looks like a spaceship. If there was a way to tone down the look of the housing that the projector is in, i'd be interested.

You mean the hid housings?
Is that what the shrouds are?
I'm afraid I haven't got all the lingo yet to describe what's what. :)
But I'm sure that piece is interchangeable no?

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean the hid housings?
Is that what the shrouds are?
I'm afraid I haven't got all the lingo yet to describe what's what. :)
But I'm sure that piece is interchangeable no?

not sure what its called either... but the chrome UFO looking thing around the projector glass. Maybe if it was black and not so shiney and honda-ish?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I kinda like the chrome, but like yourself I could do without the little ufo windowy bits. :)

Research we must for alternatives! :Handshake:

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Btw, someone earlier mentioned the Esky platinum led headlights ... I wonder if that's a possible retrofit into our oem housings. :think:

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Even though these guys seem to hate on them: http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?36521-escalade-platinum-led-headlights-fail

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

Nope, I'm gonna stick to the hid retro but try to find something a little cleaner around the light.

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
ha i remember you saying Serge that your not going to spend crazy money on a retrofit. I like the look, in fact i cant wait until i get mine in, but thats after the retro fits. Also can you take a pic of them with just the halos and leds on? Not sure that im feeling the Leds but i need to see it on the truck. THanks

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ha i remember you saying Serge that your not going to spend crazy money on a retrofit.

Seemed like a reasonable thing to say at the time ... I have seen the (lack of) light! :)

I like the look, in fact i cant wait until i get mine in, but thats after the retro fits.

Are you retrofiting your oems or your new ones?

Also can you take a pic of them with just the halos and leds on? Not sure that im feeling the Leds but i need to see it on the truck. THanks

The first pic I posted (parking lights only mode) is just the halos and the leds.