Thinking bout these Projectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sumo have you thought about retro-fitting projectors into the stock housing? I guess that's out the picture since you pulled the trigger on those headlights already... I can't wait to see what it looks like after!!!

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Given all that has already been discussed in regards to potential weak lighting issues with these halos, and without the benefit of a tsx retrofit, would the following package be helpful: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/pts/2422863229.html instead of using the Silverstars I have on now in the new halo housings?

I'm not familiar with HID kits so I'm not sure if the one on CL is a good one, if it is priced correctly at $75, and if it will strengthen the beam relative to the SStars. :think:

Any input is appreciated.

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
you can get hid kits for like 50 on ebay. Xentech i believe they are called. I bought a set for my Brother in laws Mdx and hes happy with them. Soulsea, you can be entitiled to my H1 Hid bulbs after im done with my conversion. Youll need to get some Ballast though, also cheap on ebay

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so I took the new lights out of storage and took them to the shop today to have a look and decide a way forward. The ones I ordered did come with high/low beam bulbs, 'angel eye' leds, but no drl and blinker bulbs. What we decided to do for now (install tomorrow) is replace their bulbs with the Silverstars I have on now, the oem blinker/drl bulbs, and see how that works at night. I'll give them a try over the next few nights ... if the beam is too weak then I'll have to decide if I go back to my stockers or if I want to undertake HIDs with or without retrofit.

We shell see ...

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
soulsea, curious to hear about your findings as I tried them with the halogen H1's it came with and with H1 6k hids and while the hids were by far brighter, the beam is just too messed up to do any good...parked and aimed at a wall/garage door they certainly looked great, but as soon as you go for a drive you'll see what I mean about poor beam quality and pattern...my wife has an Audi suv with stock projector hids and there is no comparison.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
soulsea, curious to hear about your findings as I tried them with the halogen H1's it came with and with H1 6k hids and while the hids were by far brighter, the beam is just too messed up to do any good...

Out of curiosity, cause as you can tell I don't know much about lights ... are H1 6k hids brighter than Silverstars? Meaning should I expect even less light quality than you achieved?

Btw, I couldn't be happier with the light from the Silverstars in the stock housings ... just wondering how much I'm going to lose by migrating them to the halos. :think:

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Can't wait. I'll post pics when I get mine but I won't be installing them any time soon

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, I had a longish talk with the manager of the install shop and decided on a revision of the original plan.

I'm not going to use the existing H11 Silverstars at all. Low beam is going to be Xenon hid 6000, high beam is going to either be what's in the new housing or H1 Silverstar, DRL/Blinkers = new leds. New install date is Friday ...

... we'll see how all that goes. :)

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still looking for opinions on the looks of these housings? 'Cause I have an opinion. :)

But I'll hold it in the event you're no longer looking for them...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burdbrain68