Thinking bout these Projectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the angel eyes are on ... I'll take pics later tonight. :)

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two issues ...

1. I am awaiting your 'I told you so' ... the beam is crap, weak, and all over the place even with hids in the halos. No dangerously so, but close. This will accelerate the oem retrofit project.

2. I don't know if the installers messed something up or if they changed a setting cause my inside courtesy lights aren't coming on. I was sure the setting for that was in the dic but I can't seem to locate it. All I can find is an exit light timer setting which I assume is for setting how long one wants to have their headlights on after they exit the vehicle.

Basically wwhen I turn off the engine the inside lights are supposed to come on automatically, same when I unlock the car with the fob before I start the truck.

Help!?! :(

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two issues ...

1. I am awaiting your 'I told you so' ... the beam is crap, weak, and all over the place even with hids in the halos. No dangerously so, but close. This will accelerate the oem retrofit project.

2. I don't know if the installers messed something up or if they changed a setting cause my inside courtesy lights aren't coming on. I was sure the setting for that was in the dic but I can't seem to locate it. All I can find is an exit light timer setting which I assume is for setting how long one wants to have their headlights on after they exit the vehicle.

Basically wwhen I turn off the engine the inside lights are supposed to come on automatically, same when I unlock the car with the fob before I start the truck.

Help!?! :(

Well the courtesy lights are activated and disactivated by a button where the headlight assembly is at. right on top of the fog light button.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait ... the headlight assembly above the bumper or do you mean the knob next to the steering wheel? :think:

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah and the "I told u so" is coming. Lol I dont know why the make those projectors so cheap they should at least try and make them better.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the courtesy lights are activated and disactivated by a button where the headlight assembly is at. right on top of the fog light button.

correct...

Serge, above the dimmer knob for your interior dash, there should be a button. There is a button on top, and a button on bottom of the dimmer rotary knob. Top one is for the interior lights and the bottom one should turn the foglamps on and off.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it's official ... I am a freakin' moron. :)

Been staring at my dash for months never even noticed the 'dome light' button! :whymewhyme:

Thanks guys.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it's official ... I am a freakin' moron. :)

Been staring at my dash for months never even noticed the 'dome light' button! :whymewhyme:

Thanks guys.

...here's your sign

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

where are these pics, by the way? yawn...

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay now onto serious ...

Project oem retrofit must kick into high gear ...

Question 1: If I do both the low and high beam previously mentioned hid retrofit in the oem housings, will it give me the best possible light that can be achieved?

Question 2: What's the difference between the TSX and Lexus/TSX Morimoto Retrofits? As indicated here for example: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=64 They seem to be the two preferred retros. :think:

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

where are these pics, by the way? yawn...

Shoot I forgot ... brb. :waytogo:

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Parking:

picture.php

Low:

picture.php

High:

picture.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
07-62escalade

Latest posts