Thinking bout these Projectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
i meant can you do a full Front shot with just parking lights on. I wanna see both on at the same time

my09denali

Reaction score
Two issues ...

1. I am awaiting your 'I told you so' ... the beam is crap, weak, and all over the place even with hids in the halos. No dangerously so, but close. This will accelerate the oem retrofit project.

2. I don't know if the installers messed something up or if they changed a setting cause my inside courtesy lights aren't coming on. I was sure the setting for that was in the dic but I can't seem to locate it. All I can find is an exit light timer setting which I assume is for setting how long one wants to have their headlights on after they exit the vehicle.

Basically wwhen I turn off the engine the inside lights are supposed to come on automatically, same when I unlock the car with the fob before I start the truck.

Help!?! :(

Did you put HID in the projectors or use the stock H1 halogen bulb? Not sure how those lights work. My guess is the Halos are not designed for actual driving light only for looks.

I have similar aftermarket light for the Denali and I have these HID designed for halogen projectors:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=170.

My drivers side light is very acceptable. My passenger side light is not near as bright and I have not had time to work on it to see if I can make it better. But it is much better than the stock H1s or silverstars I started with.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i meant can you do a full Front shot with just parking lights on. I wanna see both on at the same time

picture.php

picture.php

Did you put HID in the projectors or use the stock H1 halogen bulb? Not sure how those lights work. My guess is the Halos are not designed for actual driving light only for looks.

Low Beam: Hid 6000 Bi-Xenon
High Beam: H1 Silverstars
DRL: oem bulbs
Blinkers: oem bulbs

Halos/leds came with the housing. And yes both are only for looks ... they are on as just parking lights or on when low/high beams are on. Although what I've been doing during the day is take my lights off 'auto' setting and running the parking lights instead of the drls as they look much better. :)

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
thats not bad looking at all. Thanks for the pic

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So doing a sick quad mini setup on the oems is gonna run between $700-$1000 installed depending on which parts are mixed and matched ... that's a lotta drachmas for lights, although it would be a unique setup.

Hook the oem with silverstars back on (which worked great but looked plain), save the money, and apply it to other mods ... or hook up the retro HID sickness?

Tis a pickle ...

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I had some money laying around I would really do a retro-fit on my oem headlights. Although its pretty expensive its worth it if u ask me. The tsx projectors just light up the road like nothing out there and it has one of the sharpest cut-off out there.

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
i just ordered a pair of H1 Minis with MC-R shrouds with Backlit CCFL. I still need to buy another set of projectors and shrouds.
Projectorsl.jpg

MC-RShroudl.jpg

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, My neighbor has an 2011 Mustang retrofitted with those projectors, looks damn good when he heads out at night lights up the whole street, with a sick looking cut-off Should be a great mod, cant wait to see the end results. :High 5:

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
argh.. I cant decide what to retro fit. These lights or the Oem. Suggestions anyone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KMcrown