VCIM Swap for Bluetooth Capability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marioski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Placed the finishing touch on my install. Upgraded steering wheel switch from a 09 with bluetooth

IMG_8142-M.jpg

(yes I know I need to clean my Weather Techs)

Okay someone riddle me this. Pressing the bluetooth button (holding mute down for 2 seconds to get voice recognition) while in Drive and Moving the phrase "on star" does not work. (so you can further use Call and your stored name phrase) But when stopped or in Park it works. Is this working as designed cause that seems half ass retarded.

jebt2921

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the difference in the two? Mines an 08 and looks like the one in your picture I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the difference in the two? Mines an 08 and looks like the one in your picture I think.

right side middle button shows a face speaking and a phone. His OEM one doesn't show that. It might not be just from 09, but I know the sticker on that button is the difference

jebt2921

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never even noticed it before. Is there any functioning difference or merely the look? I'm a bit **** so I may grab a newer one like this myself.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never even noticed it before. Is there any functioning difference or merely the look? I'm a bit **** so I may grab a newer one like this myself.

lol. No difference at all, just the look. I would have to have that button instead of my current button if I did the VCIM swap

Marioski

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Nope no functioning difference at all. Just my OCD kicking in knowing there's a button on there for it and now that I have a bluetooth VCIM it was kicking in over drive. LOL

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

it is. I have it as well...

ROFLMAO

Now that would be one hell of a mod!

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine in. From a 11silverado. Just connected the one purple antenna. Everything works even the on star map on the mobile app. They gave me no free minutes but three months free. I have the red light also.

jebt2921

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed my new vcim and my clock doesn't work now. Also the radio doesn't seem to turn off when I get out of the vehicle.

This happen to anyone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty Crusty

Latest posts