VCIM Swap for Bluetooth Capability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marioski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disconnect the battery and reconnect it again. See what happens.

Sent from racephone

jebt2921

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great minds think alike. Beat you to it. The clock seems to work now but I still don't think it's turning off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Wait a minute. I'm an idiot. It doesn't turn off from the passenger side door. But when I get out of the drivers side it does turn off. Maybe that always do that? Kinda strange.

Marioski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. Only the drivers side will tell the BCM to turn off the all the power.

Sorry not laughing at you but that's almost something I would do to. Bahahaha.

Sent from racephone

jebt2921

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad the woman isn't here to see this. I'd never hear the end of it!

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Can't connect my iphone. My phone recognizes the car but when I hold the button down on the steering whelk it never says "ready".

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

To pair phone it's different then the newer vehicles in guess.

Here's how to do it:

1) hold button down
2) say Onstar
3) Bluetooth
4) Pair
5) enter the code it displays and says

There it is! One of my favorite mods yet. Now I just have to remember all the damn commands and learn everything.

Marioski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes that above.

Also to use Bluetooth is a lot easier to just dial from the car then to command the car to dial it using the phone. Onstar/Bluetooth is locked and you have to be in park or not moving, then press the button in the week day Onstar... Then say call or dial

Sent from racephone

Marioski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you can use Onstar commands to call a stored entry (subscription requires) or use the dial command. If you use the button on the mirror it goes straight to Onstar minutes. If you use the button (voice recognition) on the steering wheel and then say Onstar followed by a command it will tell you it's using your cell or whatever is connected. But that only works while in park or not moving.

You can always just pick your phone up, dial the number and it will automatically connect anyway.

Sent from racephone

GOHAWKS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys I been a lurker for awhile, I would like to do this mod as well, I have a 2007 Tohoe, I went to EBAY and car-parts but really aren't having any luck, I think there are 2 listed on car-parts (if I'm looking correctly) but neither show specifically the #20829984 module, one shows an Buick Enclave ID#20890999 from New York, the second says from a Chevy Traverse no ID# just says voice recognition from Oregon.
If anyone knows of a module for sure I would sure appreciate the heads up.
The information on forum is great!!
Your help would be appreciated
Thank You

jebt2921

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the Buick is the correct one. I almost bought it but got a different one from car-part.com. It works fantastically. Call them to make sure and they will look at the number for you. Have them take a few pics just to make sure and have them include the bluetooth antenna and a pic of the label. Get it and you'll be all set.

GOHAWKS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I believe the Buick is the correct one. I almost bought it but got a different one from car-part.com. It works fantastically. Call them to make sure and they will look at the number for you. Have them take a few pics just to make sure and have them include the bluetooth antenna and a pic of the label. Get it and you'll be all set.

Can I pretty much assume that it has to have that #20829984 tag on it to be the correct one? I seen the Buick one but it had the # 20890999 for ID so I wasn't sure.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty Crusty